A bong is a device that allows you to smoke herbs or tobacco in a smooth and filtered way. The bong uses water to cool down and clean the smoke, making it more enjoyable and less harsh on your lungs. Smoking out of a bong can be a fun and relaxing experience, but it can also be intimidating if you don’t know what you’re doing. In this blog post, we will show you how to smoke out of a bong step by step, and give you some tips and tricks to make the most out of your bong session.
What You Need
Before you start smoking out of a bong, you need to gather some essential items. Here’s what you need:
- Your favorite herb or tobacco. You can use any kind of herb or tobacco that you like, but make sure it’s dry and not too sticky. You can also mix different herbs or tobacco for different flavors and effects.
- A bong. There are many types and sizes of bongs, but they all have the same basic parts: a bowl, where you put your herb or tobacco; a downstem, a tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber; a water chamber, where the water is stored; a smoke chamber, where the smoke accumulates; and a mouthpiece, where you inhale the smoke from. Some bongs also have extra features like percolators, ice catchers, or carb holes, which can enhance your smoking experience.
- A lighter or hemp wick. You need something to light your herb or tobacco with. A lighter is the most common option, but you can also use a hemp wick, which is a natural and organic alternative that produces less butane and ash.
- Water. You need water to fill up your bong’s water chamber. You can use tap water or bottled water, but make sure it’s clean and fresh.
- A grinder. A grinder is a tool that helps you break up your herb or tobacco into smaller pieces. This makes it easier to pack the bowl and burn evenly. A grinder also preserves the flavor and aroma of your herb or tobacco better than using your fingers or scissors.
How to Smoke Out of a Bong
Now that you have everything you need, it’s time to smoke out of a bong. Follow these steps:
- Fill the bong with water. Pour water into the mouthpiece until the downstem is fully submerged. The water should be about an inch above the tip of the downstem. Don’t fill it too much or you might get splashed when you smoke.
- Grind your herb or tobacco. Use your grinder to chop up your herb or tobacco into fine pieces. You can also break off some larger pieces to pack at the bottom of the bowl. This will prevent the smaller pieces from falling through the hole.
- Pack the bowl. Take some of the ground herb or tobacco and gently press it into the bowl. Don’t pack it too tightly or it will restrict the airflow. If you’re smoking alone, pack the bowl halfway. If you’re smoking with friends, pack it all the way to the rim.
- Hold the bong with your non-dominant hand. Wrap your hand around the smoke chamber or hold the bong from the bottom. Make sure you have a firm grip on it.
- Put your mouth on the mouthpiece. Seal your lips around the mouthpiece and create an airtight seal. Don’t put your mouth inside the mouthpiece or you might inhale water.
- Light the bowl with your dominant hand. Use your lighter or hemp wick to ignite the herb or tobacco in the bowl. Hold it at an angle so that only one corner of the bowl is lit. This will help you conserve your herb or tobacco and get more hits out of it.
- Inhale slowly through your mouth. As you light the bowl, inhale gently through your mouth and draw the smoke into the bong. You will see bubbles forming in the water as the smoke passes through it. Keep inhaling until the smoke chamber is filled with smoke.
- Clear the chamber. When you’re ready to inhale the smoke, remove your finger from the carb hole (if your bong has one) or pull out the bowl (if your bong doesn’t have one). This will allow air to enter the bong and push the smoke into your lungs. Inhale the smoke quickly and deeply.
- Hold the smoke for a few seconds. After you inhale the smoke, hold it in your lungs for a few seconds to absorb the cannabinoids and terpenes. Don’t hold it for too long or you might cough or feel dizzy.
- Exhale the smoke. When you’re done holding the smoke, exhale it slowly and smoothly through your mouth or nose. Enjoy the effects and flavors of your herb or tobacco.
- Repeat as desired. If you want to smoke more, repeat the steps above until you’re satisfied. If you’re smoking with friends, pass the bong to the next person in the circle.</li