If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco, you might want to try making your own glass bong at home. A glass bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, resulting in a smoother and cooler hit. Glass bongs are also more durable and easier to clean than plastic ones. Plus, they look cool and can be customized to your liking.
In this blog post, we will show you how to make a homemade glass bong with simple materials that you can find around your house or buy online. You will need:
- A glass bottle (preferably with a long neck and a wide base)
- A 3/4″ diamond drill bit
- A battery-powered drill
- A rubber grommet (31/32″ outer diameter, 1/2″ inner diameter, 3/4″ groove)
- A 14mm glass downstem and bowl
- A propane torch
- A piece of glass tubing
- Safety goggles
Follow these steps to make your homemade glass bong:
- Clean the bottle and remove any plastic or labels. Wash it out with warm water to make the drilling easier.
- Mark a spot on the bottle where you want to drill the hole for the downstem. It should be slightly above the waterline, on a relatively flat surface. Use the grommet to trace a circle with a sharpie.
- Attach the diamond drill bit to your drill and put on your safety goggles. Turn on the faucet and hold the bottle under a steady stream of water. The water will keep the glass cool and prevent it from cracking.
- Start drilling slowly at 3/4 of the max speed of your drill. Gently push the drill against the marked spot until you make a hole. Be careful not to apply too much pressure or move the drill around too much.
- Insert the grommet into the hole and push it until it fits snugly. Then, insert the downstem through the grommet and angle it downward so that the end inside the bottle is submerged in water. The bowl should be facing upward on the outside of the bottle.
- Cut the glass tubing to the desired length for your mouthpiece. The length will depend on how big you want your bong to be.
- Heat one end of the glass tubing with the propane torch until it becomes soft and pliable. Then, bend it into a curve that will fit comfortably in your mouth.
- Heat the other end of the glass tubing and insert it into the neck of the bottle. Twist it slightly to seal it in place. Let it cool down completely before using.
Congratulations! You have just made your own homemade glass bong with simple materials. To use it, fill it with water until it covers the downstem, pack some herb or tobacco into the bowl, cover the carb (the hole near the neck of the bottle) with your finger, light up, and inhale through the mouthpiece. Enjoy!
How To Make A Glass Bong In 8 Simple Steps - Learn Glass Blowing https://learnglassblowing.com/how-to-make-a-glass-bong-in-8-simple-steps/
How to Make a Glass Water Bong – wikiHow
How to Make a Bong from a Liquor Bottle – wikiHow