If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco from a glass bong, you may have encountered the problem of unpleasant odors lingering in your device or in the air. The smell of a bong can be caused by several factors, such as the resin that builds up on the walls, the stagnant water in the base, the ashes and tar that accumulate in the bowl and downstem, and the bacteria and microorganisms that thrive in the moist environment. Not only can these smells ruin your smoking experience, but they can also attract unwanted attention from your neighbors, roommates, or visitors.
Fortunately, there are some simple and effective ways to get rid of the smell of a glass bong after using it. In this blog post, we will share some tips and tricks on how to clean your bong properly, how to deodorize it, and how to prevent it from smelling bad in the future. Follow these steps and enjoy a fresh and smooth smoke every time!
How to clean your bong properly
The first step to getting rid of the smell of a glass bong is to clean it thoroughly after each use. This will remove the residue and contaminants that cause the odor and also improve the taste and quality of your smoke. Here are some steps to follow:
- Disassemble your bong by removing the bowl and downstem and place them in a ziplock bag or a container with a lid.
- Pour out the old water from the base and rinse it with hot water.
- Pour some rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) and coarse salt into the base and plug up both openings with your hands or some paper towels. Shake the base vigorously for a few minutes to loosen up the resin and dirt inside.
- Pour out the alcohol and salt mixture and rinse the base with hot water again. Repeat this step until the base is clean and clear.
- Add some more rubbing alcohol and salt to the ziplock bag or container with the bowl and downstem. Seal it and shake it well for a few minutes. You can also use a pipe cleaner or a cotton swab to scrub the hard-to-reach areas.
- Pour out the alcohol and salt mixture and rinse the bowl and downstem with hot water. Repeat this step until they are clean and clear.
- Reassemble your bong and let it dry completely before using it again.
How to deodorize your bong
Even after cleaning your bong properly, you may still notice some lingering smells that are hard to get rid of. This is especially true if you have spilled some bong water on your carpet, upholstery, or clothing. To deodorize your bong and eliminate any traces of odor, you can try these methods:
- Use a product like Piece Water that will keep your bong water smelling good through multiple smoke sessions. Piece Water is a natural blend of mineral, vegetable, and fruit extracts that prevents resin from sticking to your glass, reduces tar and carcinogens, and enhances the flavor of your herb or tobacco.
- Use an ash catcher to keep most of the nasty stuff out of your bong’s main chamber. An ash catcher is an attachment that fits between your bowl and downstem and acts as a pre-filter for your smoke. It catches most of the ashes, tar, resin, and debris before they enter your bong, making it easier to clean and less smelly.
- Soak your bong in alcohol that’s 40 proof or higher overnight, then rinse it with water and let it dry. This will help dissolve any stubborn resin and kill any bacteria that may be causing the odor.
- Add some baking soda to the spot where you spilled some bong water and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then vacuum it up or wipe it off with a damp cloth. Baking soda is a natural deodorizer that will absorb any volatile molecules that remain in your carpet or upholstery from the bong spill.
- Spray some Cannabolish on your bong, your clothes, or any other surface that smells like herb or tobacco. Cannabolish is a plant-based odor eliminator that neutralizes odors without masking them with artificial fragrances. It is safe, effective, and eco-friendly.
How to prevent your bong from smelling bad in the future
The best way to prevent your bong from smelling bad in the future is to maintain good hygiene habits and follow some simple rules:
- Clean your bong after each use or at least once a week.
- Change your bong water regularly and don’t let it sit for too long.
- Store your bong in a cool, dry, and dark place away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- Use high-quality herb or tobacco that is fresh and properly cured.
- Grind your herb or tobacco finely and evenly to ensure a smooth and even burn.
- Pack your bowl lightly and don’t overfill it to avoid combustion and waste.
- Don’t smoke in a closed or poorly ventilated room. Open a window or turn on a fan to disperse the smoke and odor.
By following these tips and tricks, you can get rid of the smell of a glass bong after using it and enjoy a clean and pleasant smoking experience every time. Remember, a clean bong is a happy bong!