How to Make a Homemade Bong
If you love smoking herbs or tobacco, but you don’t have a pipe or a bong handy, don’t worry. You can make your own bong at home using some simple materials and tools. A homemade bong is not only cheap and easy to make, but also fun and creative. You can customize it to your liking and enjoy a smooth and satisfying smoking experience. Here are some steps on how to make a homemade bong.
What You’ll Need
To make a homemade bong, you’ll need the following items:
- A plastic bottle. Any kind of plastic bottle will work, but keep in mind that the larger the bottle is, the bigger the bong hits will be. You can use a water bottle, a soda bottle, a juice bottle, or even a milk jug.
- A pen. You’ll use this to make holes in the bottle and to serve as a downstem. Make sure to remove the ink and the tip from the pen, so you’re left with just the hollow tube.
- Aluminum foil. You’ll use this to make a bowl for your bong. Alternatively, you can use a metal socket or a pre-fabricated bowl if you have one.
- A sharp tool. You’ll use this to poke holes in the bottle and the foil. You can use a knife, scissors, a nail, or a straightened out paperclip.
- Water. You’ll use this to fill up the bottle partially and create a water chamber for your bong.
- Herbs or tobacco. You’ll use this to pack your bowl and smoke your bong.
- A lighter. You’ll use this to light up your bowl and smoke your bong.
Step 1: Make the Carb
The carb is the hole you’ll cover with your finger at first and then let go of so you can inhale the smoke in the bottle. To make the carb, poke a hole just below the neck of the water bottle using your sharp tool. Make the hole large enough for air to easily flow through it, but not so big that you won’t be able to cover it with your finger.
Step 2: Make the Downstem Hole
The downstem is the tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber of your bong. To make the downstem hole, poke another hole slightly above the waterline of the bottle using your sharp tool. Make this hole about the same width as your pen tube. If it’s any smaller, you may have a hard time pushing the downstem through, and if it’s any larger, the downstem may be too loose.
Step 3: Make the Bowl
The bowl is where you’ll put your herbs or tobacco for smoking. To make the bowl, tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around the wide end of your pen tube. Press the center of the foil down into the tube to create a concave shape for holding your herbs or tobacco. Poke tiny holes in the foil using your sharp tool so that smoke can get through.
Step 4: Insert the Downstem
To insert the downstem, push the open end of your pen tube through the downstem hole you made in step 2. Angle the downstem downward so that the open end inside of the bottle is submerged in the water. When you’re finished inserting the downstem, the bowl should be angled upward on the outside of the bottle.
Step 5: Pack and Smoke Your Bong
To pack your bong, fill up your bowl with your herbs or tobacco of choice. Don’t pack it too tight or too loose, as this can affect airflow and combustion. To smoke your bong, cover the carb with your finger and light up your bowl with your lighter. Inhale through the mouthpiece of the bottle as you see smoke filling up inside. When you’re ready to take a hit, uncover the carb and inhale sharply to clear all the smoke from
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make your homemade bong experience even better:
To prevent water from leaking out of your bong, you can seal any gaps or cracks with gum (with all
the sugar chewed out of it), sticky peanut butter, or soft candy. Just make sure not to use any unnatural adhesives like tape near the bowl, as they can release harmful chemicals when heated.
- To make your bong more stable and prevent it from tipping over, you can cut off the bottom of the bottle and place it in a larger container filled with water. This will also create a bigger water chamber for your bong.
- To make your bong more colorful and attractive, you can decorate it with stickers, paint, glitter, or anything else you like. Just make sure not to cover the carb or the downstem hole with anything that can block airflow or catch fire.
- To make your bong more flavorful and aromatic, you can add some fruits, herbs, or essential oils to the water in your bong. For example, you can add some lemon slices, mint leaves, or lavender oil to give your bong a refreshing and relaxing taste and smell.
Making a homemade bong is a fun and easy way to enjoy smoking herbs or tobacco without spending a lot of money or time. All you need is a plastic bottle, a pen, some aluminum foil, and some basic tools and supplies. You can also customize your bong to your liking and experiment with different designs and flavors. Just remember to be careful and responsible when using your homemade bong, and always dispose of it properly when you’re done.