If you are looking for a simple and cheap way to enjoy your herb or tobacco, you might want to try making an apple bong. An apple bong is a homemade pipe that uses an apple as the main component. Apples are easy to find, cheap to buy, and can be poked through easily to form chambers and tunnels. You can place your herb or tobacco on top of the apple and inhale the smoke through a hole inside. Apples are also biodegradable, so you don’t have to worry about disposing of them after use.
In this article, we will show you how to make an apple bong in easy steps, using common household items. You will need:
- An apple
- A pen or a similar object with a sharp tip
- A knife or a spoon
- Herb or tobacco
- A lighter
There are two methods to make an apple bong: using a pen or using a knife and a spoon. We will explain both methods below.
Method 1: Using a Pen
This method is considered “pure” because all you need to make it is an apple and a pen. The pen will serve as the tool to poke holes in the apple and as the mouthpiece to inhale the smoke. Here are the steps:
- Get an apple and a pen. Make sure the apple you use is fresh and firm. A soft apple could collapse while you’re trying to bore the holes. It’s ideal to use the type of ball-point pen with a tip you can unscrew so you can take out the ink well. Otherwise, you may spill ink all over the apple. Once you take out the ink well, screw the tip back on.
- Remove the stem from the apple. You can use your fingers to twist or pull it off or cut a slit around the stem to remove it. Make sure you get the entire stem; if it breaks, dig into the hole with your fingers and remove it from the base.
- Bore a hole through the top of the apple. Place the pointed tip over the hole where the stem used to be and jam the pen into the apple at a slight angle. Push it into the apple until you’ve made a hole that extends about halfway through the apple. If the apple is difficult to push through, it may help to use a twisting motion as you push. Once you make the initial hole with the pen’s tip, you can remove the pen, unscrew the tip, and use the tip-less pen to push into the apple. The apple will slide into the hollow pen. When you’re finished making the hole, remove the pen and discard the apple piece.
- Bore a second hole near the bottom of the apple. It should be about half an inch from the hole at the apple’s base. Insert the pen and poke a hole that meets up with the first hole you poked.
Bore a third hole on the side of the apple. Insert the pen into the apple an inch or a little more from the top hole. Push the pen into the apple until
the third hole meets up with the chamber system you have created. This hole will serve as the carb, so it should be in a place that is convenient to cover with a finger while you’re lighting
Make a bowl. Use
the pen or another object to carve out a hollow shape on
the top of
the apple where
the first hole was drilled.
Congratulations! You have just made an apple bong using a pen. To use it, place some herb or tobacco on top of
the bowl, cover
the carb with your finger, light up
the herb or tobacco, and inhale through
Method 2: Using a Knife and a Spoon
This method is slightly more complicated but it allows you to hollow out
the apple and turn it into a bong. You will need
a knife and
a spoon in addition to
the other materials. Here are
About an inch from
the top of
the apple, cut
the top using
a sharp knife. Slide
the top off and remove
the stem. Do not cut too close from
the stem because you will need to use
the top like
a spoon to scoop out some of
the flesh from inside
the apple, leaving about half an inch of thickness around
the walls. Be careful not to puncture
the apple or make it too thin.
the pen to poke
a hole on
the side of
the apple, near
the bottom. This will be
the pen to poke another hole on
the opposite side of
the apple, near
the top. This will be
the top of
the apple back on and align it with
the holes. Use
the pen to poke through
the top and connect it with
the carb hole.
the knife or the spoon to carve out a bowl on
the top of
the apple, where you removed the stem.
Well done! You have just made a hollowed-out apple bong using a knife and a spoon. To use it, fill the apple with some water, place some herb or tobacco on the bowl, cover the carb with your finger, light up the herb or tobacco, and inhale through the mouthpiece.
Making an apple bong is a fun and easy way to enjoy your herb or tobacco. You can use either a pen or a knife and a spoon to create your own homemade pipe. Apples are readily available, cheap, and biodegradable, so you don’t have to worry about wasting money or harming the environment. Plus, apples add a sweet and fruity flavor to your smoke, making it more enjoyable. Try making an apple bong today and see for yourself how simple and satisfying it is.