A glass bong is a great way to enjoy your favorite herb or tobacco, but it can also be a hassle to store when you’re not using it. You don’t want to leave it out in the open where it can attract dust, bacteria, or unwanted attention. You also don’t want to stash it away without proper care, as this can affect its performance and longevity. So how do you store your glass bong safely and discreetly when not in use? Here are some tips to help you out.
Don’t store your bong out in the open
The first and most important rule for storing your glass bong is to not leave it out in the open. This can cause all kinds of problems, such as:
- Your bong can get dirty from dust, dirt, or pet hair.
- Your bong can get contaminated by bacteria, mold, or insects.
- Your bong can get damaged by accidental knocks, drops, or spills.
- Your bong can get stolen by curious guests, roommates, or kids.
- Your bong can get you in trouble with the law, your landlord, or your parents.
Instead of leaving your bong on the table, the counter, or the floor, find somewhere safe, secure, and out of sight to store it. You can use a closet, a drawer, a cabinet, a shelf, or a box. Just make sure that the place you choose is dark, dry, and cool.
Don’t store your bong with herb or tobacco inside
Another important rule for storing your glass bong is to empty the bowl before you put it away. It might be tempting to leave some herb or tobacco inside for your next session, but this can have negative consequences, such as:
- Your herb or tobacco can get stale and lose its flavor and potency.
- Your herb or tobacco can get exposed to light, heat, oxygen, and moisture, which can degrade its quality.
- Your herb or tobacco can leave sticky residue on the glass, which can clog the airflow and make it harder to clean.
- Your herb or tobacco can attract pests or mold that can ruin your stash and your health.
Instead of leaving herb or tobacco in the bowl, empty it and store any leftovers in a small container. You can use a glass jar, a metal tin, a silicone pouch, or a plastic baggie. Just make sure that the container is airtight, opaque, and odor-proof. You should also keep it separate from fresh herb or tobacco to avoid mixing them up.
Clean your bong before stashing it away
Some bong users don’t like to go through the effort of cleaning their bong after using it. However, if you’re about to put your bong away after using it, a quick clean-up can go a long way. Cleaning your bong before storing it can benefit you in many ways, such as:
- Your bong will look nicer and smell better.
- Your bong will work more efficiently and deliver smoother hits.
- Your bong will last longer and require less maintenance.
- Your bong will be ready to use whenever you want to smoke again.
Cleaning your glass bong doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. You can use some simple household items to get the job done. Here are the steps:
- Rinse your bong with hot water to remove any loose ash or debris.
- Fill your bong with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and coarse salt. The alcohol will dissolve the resin and the salt will act as an abrasive.
- Cover the openings of your bong with plastic wrap and rubber bands. Shake your bong vigorously for a few minutes to scrub the inside of the glass.
- Pour out the dirty solution and rinse your bong with hot water again. Repeat until your bong is sparkling clean.
- Dry your bong with a towel or let it air dry completely before storing it.
Find a cool, dry storage space for your bong
The final step for storing your glass bong safely and discreetly is to find a suitable storage space for it. As mentioned earlier, you should avoid places that are exposed to light, heat, moisture, or prying eyes. You should also consider the following factors:
- The size and shape of your bong. You want to find a space that can accommodate your bong without squeezing or bending it.
- The fragility of your bong. You want to find a space that can protect your bong from shocks or vibrations.
- The odor of your bong. You want to find a space that can contain any residual smells from your bong.
Depending on your preferences and circumstances, you can use different types of storage solutions for your glass bong. Here are some examples:
- A sealable hard plastic container. These are affordable, simple, and trap odors relatively well. The downside is that they might not fit all bongs and they might not offer enough cushioning.
- A padded box with a dedicated space for your glass piece. These are designed to keep your bong secure and snug. They also come in various sizes and styles. The downside is that they might be expensive and bulky.
- A soft case or bag with padding and pockets. These are easy to carry and store. They also allow you to store other accessories along with your bong. The downside is that they might not be very odor-proof or discreet.
Storing your glass bong safely and discreetly when not in use is important for many reasons. It can help you preserve the quality and performance of your bong, as well as your herb or tobacco. It can also help you avoid any unwanted attention or trouble from others. By following these tips, you can enjoy your glass bong for a long time without any worries.