Silicone bongs are becoming more popular among herb and tobacco enthusiasts because of their durability, flexibility, and affordability. Unlike glass bongs, silicone bongs are less likely to break, easier to store and transport, and cheaper to buy. However, silicone bongs also need regular cleaning to maintain their functionality and appearance. In this blog post, we will show you how to clean a silicone bong using two simple methods: soap and water, and freezer.
Soap and Water Method
This method is ideal for cleaning your silicone bong right after use, when the resin is still soft and easy to remove. You will need the following items:
- A baby bottle brush or a pipe cleaner
- Your favorite liquid dish soap
- Running water
Here are the steps to follow:
- Take out the bowl and downstem from the bong and put them aside on a safe place. You can clean them separately using the same method or using alcohol and salt.
- Dump out the used bong water in the sink and let hot water run through the bong for a couple of minutes. Shake the bong to help loosen up the resin.
- Take your liquid soap and pour a generous amount around the inside of the smoke chamber as well as the base.
- Push the bottle brush or pipe cleaner inside the silicone bong and scrub the bong firmly but not too hard. Make sure to reach inside the deepest part of the bong to clear out the resin. Don’t be afraid to twist and bend your silicone bong as you clean it to ensure that the brush reaches hard-to-reach areas. You can also clean the joint using the same brush. However, do this very carefully. You don’t want to cause a tear on the joint.
- Rinse off the soap and residue thoroughly with warm water.
- Lay upside down on a dish rack to dry. Make sure there are no other dishes beneath the bong in case you weren’t able to get rid of the smell of the resin.
This method is perfect for those who are too tired at the end of a good session to clean their bong. The procedure is pretty simple. You will need:
- A freezer
- A plastic bag or container
Here are the steps to follow:
- Take out the bowl and downstem from the bong and put them aside on a safe place.
- Rinse the bong thoroughly with warm water to take out any ash and other residue.
- Shake out the water so that it’s wet but not holding in too much water that will solidify into a block of ice. What you need is a good film of water to coat around the inner walls of the bong.
- Put the bong inside a plastic bag or container and seal it well.
- Place it in your freezer and let it sit overnight or for at least 12 hours.
- Take out the bong from the freezer and remove it from the bag or container.
- Gently squeeze and bend the bong to crack off the frozen resin from the walls.
- Dump out the resin chunks in a trash bin or compost pile.
- Rinse off any remaining residue with warm water.
- Lay upside down on a dish rack to dry.
There you have it! Two easy ways to clean your silicone bong without using harsh chemicals or spending too much time. Remember, keeping your silicone bong clean will not only make it look nicer, but also improve your smoking experience by delivering smoother hits and better flavor. Happy smoking!