If you are looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy your favorite herb or tobacco, you might want to try making a water bottle bong. A water bottle bong is a simple homemade device that allows you to smoke through water filtration, which can enhance the flavor and smoothness of your smoke. All you need are some basic household items and a few minutes of your time. Here is how to make a water bottle bong in a few simple steps.
What You Will Need
To make a water bottle bong, you will need the following materials:
- An empty plastic water bottle. Any size will do, but a standard 16.9 ounce bottle is ideal. Remove the cap and the label.
- A lighter. You will use this to light your herb or tobacco, but also to help make the hole for the downstem and melt it to the bottle.
- Scissors or another sharp tool. You will use this to poke holes in the bottle for the downstem hole and the carb.
- A bowl. You can use any small metal object that can hold your herb or tobacco, such as a socket, a thimble, or a bottle cap. Alternatively, you can make your own bowl using aluminum foil.
- A downstem. You can use any hollow tube that can fit through the hole in the bottle, such as a ballpoint pen tube, a straw, or a metal pipe. Alternatively, you can make your own downstem using an empty highlighter.
- Some duct tape or gauze. You will use this to seal the gaps between the downstem and the bowl, and between the downstem and the bottle.
- Some water. You will use this to fill the bottle about a quarter of the way.
- Some herb or tobacco. You will use this to pack the bowl and enjoy your smoke.
Step 1: Make the Downstem and Bowl
If you already have a downstem and a bowl that can fit together, you can skip this step. Otherwise, you can make your own using an empty highlighter and some aluminum foil.
- Take apart the highlighter and remove all the contents until you are left with just the hollow plastic tube. This will be your downstem.
- Tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around the wide end of the tube. Press the center of the foil down into the tube to make a bowl shape. Poke some small holes in the foil with a needle or toothpick to allow air flow.
Step 2: Make the Hole for the Downstem
Now you need to make a hole in the side of the bottle for the downstem to go through.
- Use scissors or another sharp tool to poke a small hole in the side of the bottle, slightly above the waterline. The hole should be about the same width as your downstem.
- If the hole is too small, you can use a lighter to heat up the tip of your downstem and push it through the hole to melt it bigger. Be careful not to burn yourself or make the hole too big.
- Insert your downstem through the hole at an angle so that the end inside the bottle is submerged in water. The bowl should be facing upward on the outside of the bottle.
- If there are any gaps between the downstem and the bottle, seal them with some duct tape or gauze.
Step 3: Make the Carb
The carb is a small hole that you will cover with your finger when you inhale, and release when you clear the smoke from the bottle.
- Use scissors or another sharp tool to poke another small hole in the side of the bottle, near where your thumb would rest when holding it. The hole should be large enough for air to flow through it easily, but not so big that you can’t cover it with your finger.
Step 4: Pack Your Bowl and Enjoy
You are almost done! Now you just need to pack your bowl with some herb or tobacco and light up.
- Grind up some herb or tobacco and fill your bowl with it. Don’t pack it too tight or too loose, just enough to hold it in place.
- Place your mouth over the opening of the bottle, cover the carb with your finger, and light your bowl with a lighter.
- Inhale slowly and steadily as the bottle fills up with smoke. When you are ready to clear the smoke, remove your finger from the carb and inhale sharply.
- Exhale and enjoy the effects of your herb or tobacco. Repeat as desired.
Tips and Warnings
- Always use clean water for your water bottle bong. You can also add some ice cubes or flavored drink mix to enhance the taste and coolness of your smoke.
- Change the water and clean your bong regularly to prevent mold and bacteria growth. You can use rubbing alcohol and salt to scrub the inside of the bottle and the downstem.
- Be careful not to inhale any ash or foil particles when smoking. You can use a screen or a filter to prevent this.
- Don’t use plastic or aluminum for your bowl or downstem, as they can release toxic fumes when heated. Use metal or glass instead.
- Don’t smoke too much or too often, as it can have negative effects on your health and well-being. Always smoke responsibly and in moderation.
Making a water bottle bong is a fun and easy way to enjoy your herb or tobacco without spending a lot of money or time. You can make one with just a few simple items that you probably have lying around your house. Just follow these steps and you will have a fully functional water bottle bong in no time. Happy smoking!