If you are looking for a simple and cheap way to enjoy your favorite herb or tobacco, you might want to try making an apple bong. An apple bong is a homemade pipe that uses an apple as the main component. Apples are easy to find, cheap, and biodegradable, making them a perfect choice for a DIY bong. Plus, they add a fruity flavor to your smoke.
There are different ways to make an apple bong, but the basic principle is the same: you need to create a bowl, a mouthpiece, and a carb hole on the apple, and connect them with tunnels that allow the smoke to travel from the bowl to your mouth. You can use different tools to make the holes, such as pens, knives, spoons, or chopsticks. Here are two methods to make an apple bong in easy steps.
Method 1: Making an Apple Bong Using a Pen
This method is simple and requires only an apple and a pen. You can use any type of pen, but it’s better to use one that has a removable tip and ink well, so you don’t spill ink on the apple. Here are the steps:
- Get an apple and a pen. Make sure the apple is fresh and firm, and the pen is clean and empty.
- Remove the stem from the apple. You can use your fingers to twist or pull it off, or cut it with a knife.
- Bore a hole through the top of the apple. Place the pointed tip of the pen over the hole where the stem used to be, and push it into the apple at a slight angle. Stop when you reach about halfway through the apple. This hole will serve as the bowl.
- Bore a second hole near the bottom of the apple. It should be about half an inch from the base of the apple. Insert the pen and poke a hole that meets up with the first hole you made. This hole will serve as the mouthpiece.
- Bore a third hole on the side of the apple. It should be about an inch or more from the top hole. Push the pen into the apple until it connects with the chamber system you have created. This hole will serve as the carb, so make sure it’s in a convenient place to cover with your finger while smoking.
- Make a bowl. Use the pen or another object to carve out a hollow shape on the top of the apple where the first hole was made. You can also use some aluminum foil to line the bowl and prevent burning the apple.
- Fill the bowl with your herb or tobacco of choice, light it up, and enjoy your apple bong!
Method 2: Making a Hollowed-Out Apple Bong
This method is slightly more complicated, but it allows you to use more of the apple as a chamber for your smoke. You will need an apple, a knife, a spoon, and a hollow pen. Here are the steps:
- About an inch from the top of the apple, cut off the top using a sharp knife. Slide it off and remove the stem. Do not cut too close to the stem because you will need to use the top as a bowl.
- Use a spoon to scoop out most of the flesh from inside the apple, leaving about half an inch of thickness around the edges. Be careful not to puncture or crack the apple skin.
- Poke a hole through one side of the apple using a hollow pen. This will be your mouthpiece.
- Poke another hole through another side of the apple using another hollow pen. This will be your carb.
- Place some aluminum foil over the opening of the top part of the apple that you cut off earlier. Poke some holes on it with a needle or toothpick. This will be your bowl.
- Attach the bowl to the top of the hollowed-out apple, making sure it fits snugly.
- Fill the bowl with your herb or tobacco of choice, light it up, and enjoy your hollowed-out apple bong!
Tips and Warnings
- Make sure to clean your apple bong before and after each use. You can rinse it with water or wipe it with alcohol.
- Do not use an apple bong for too long, as it will start to rot and affect your smoke quality. It’s best to use it within 24 hours of making it.
- Do not inhale too hard or too fast, as you might get some apple bits or juice in your mouth or lungs.
- Be careful when handling sharp objects, such as knives or pens, to avoid injuring yourself or damaging the apple.
- Enjoy your apple bong responsibly and in moderation. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while under the influence of your herb or tobacco.
Apple Bong: A Simple Guide for a Homemade Product – Marijuana Seeds
How to Make an Apple Pipe: 12 Steps (with Pictures) – wikiHow
How To Make An Apple Bong in Easy Steps – Cannabis Training University
How To Make an Apple Bong – ISMOKE
How To Make a Fabulous Apple Bong On A Tight Budget? – SelfGrowth.com