If you are a fan of smoking herb or tobacco from a glass bong, you know how frustrating it can be when your precious piece gets damaged. Whether it’s a crack, a chip, a break or a hole, a broken glass bong can ruin your smoking experience and pose a safety hazard. But don’t despair, there are some ways to deal with a broken or cracked glass bong and possibly fix it yourself or get it fixed by a professional. Here are some tips and tricks to help you out.
How to fix a broken glass bong yourself
Depending on the type and extent of the damage, you may be able to repair your glass bong at home with some products that are easy to find and use. However, before you attempt any DIY repairs, you should keep in mind the following:
- Make sure the bong is clean and dry before applying any glue or sealant.
- Wear gloves and eye protection to avoid getting cut by sharp glass edges or exposed to toxic substances.
- Choose products that are non-toxic, heat-resistant and waterproof, as some glues may contain solvents that can harm your health or leak into the water chamber.
- Follow the instructions on the product label carefully and allow enough time for curing before using the bong again.
- Be aware that some repairs may not last long or be as effective as a new bong, so consider replacing your bong if the damage is severe or recurrent.
Here are some of the products and methods you can use to fix a broken glass bong yourself:
|Food grade silicone||Use as a sealant to fill in cracks, chips or gaps in the joints or tube of the bong. Apply a thin layer over the damaged area and smooth it out with your finger. Let it dry for 24 hours before using the bong.||Cracks, chips or gaps in the joints or tube of the bong.|
|Two-component epoxy||Use as a glue to stick together broken pieces of glass. Mix the resin and hardener according to the instructions and apply a thin layer on both sides of the break. Press the pieces together and hold them in place until the epoxy sets. Let it cure for at least 24 hours before using the bong.||Clean breaks in the body or base of the bong.|
|Loctite Glass||Use as a glue to bond glass surfaces. Apply a small amount on one side of the break and press the pieces together for 15 seconds. Let it dry for at least an hour before using the bong.||Clean breaks in the body or base of the bong.|
|Duct tape||Use as a temporary fix to cover holes, cracks or breaks in the body or base of the bong. Wrap several layers of tape around the damaged area and make sure it is tight and secure. Replace the tape frequently and avoid heating it up.||Holes, cracks or breaks in the body or base of the bong.|
How to get your glass bong fixed by a professional
If your glass bong is too damaged to be repaired by yourself, or if you prefer to have it fixed by an expert, you can look for a professional glassblower who can restore your piece to its original condition. A skilled glassblower can use a torch and kiln method to repair cracks, breaks, holes or percolators in your glass bong. However, this option may not be cheap or easy to find, so you should consider some factors before hiring a professional:
- The cost of repairing your glass bong may vary depending on the complexity and extent of the damage, as well as the availability and reputation of the glassblower. You should compare prices and reviews before choosing one.
- The time required for repairing your glass bong may also depend on the same factors as above. You should ask for an estimate of how long it will take and when you can expect to get your piece back.
- The quality of repairing your glass bong may not be guaranteed, as some damage may be too difficult or impossible to fix. You should ask for a warranty or a refund policy in case you are not satisfied with the result.
- The location of the glassblower may affect your convenience and accessibility. You should look for one that is close to you or that offers shipping services.
How to replace your glass bong
Sometimes, the best way to deal with a broken or cracked glass bong is to replace it with a new one. If your bong is beyond repair, or if you want to upgrade to a better model, you can shop for a new glass bong online or in a local headshop. There are many types, styles, sizes and prices of glass bongs to choose from, so you can find one that suits your preferences and budget. Here are some tips to help you choose a new glass bong:
- Look for a glass bong that is made of high-quality borosilicate glass and has a thick and sturdy base. This will ensure durability and stability.
- Look for a glass bong that has a percolator, a diffuser, an ice catcher or other features that can enhance the filtration, cooling and smoothness of the smoke.
- Look for a glass bong that has a design, color, shape and size that appeals to you and matches your personality and style.
- Look for a glass bong that has a reasonable price and offers good value for money. You can compare different options and read reviews before making a purchase.
A broken or cracked glass bong can be a bummer, but it doesn’t have to be the end of the world. There are ways to fix it yourself or get it fixed by a professional, depending on the type and extent of the damage. However, if your bong is too damaged or if you want a new one, you can also replace it with a new glass bong that meets your needs and expectations. Whatever you decide, remember to enjoy your smoking experience and take good care of your glass bong.