If you love smoking herbs or tobacco, but you don’t have a bong at hand, don’t worry. You can make your own bong at home using some cheap and easy-to-find materials. A homemade bong is not only fun to make, but also fun to use. Plus, you can customize it to your liking and show off your creativity. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a homemade bong in 12 simple steps.
What You Will Need
To make a homemade bong, you will need the following items:
- A plastic bottle of any size. The larger the bottle, the bigger the hits will be.
- A highlighter or a pen with the ink removed. This will serve as the downstem of your bong.
- A small piece of aluminum foil. This will serve as the bowl of your bong.
- A sharp tool, such as a knife, a scissors, or a paperclip. This will help you make holes in the bottle and the foil.
- Water. This will fill up the bottle and filter the smoke.
- Your favorite herb or tobacco. This will go into the bowl and provide the smoke.
Step 1: Fill Up the Bottle with Water
The first step is to fill up the bottle with water about 1/4 of the way. The water will act as a filter and cool down the smoke when you inhale it. You don’t need to have the cap of the bottle, as you won’t use it for your bong.
Step 2: Make a Hole for the Carb
The next step is to make a hole for the carb near the top of the bottle, just below the neck. The carb is the hole that you will cover with your finger when you light up the bowl, and then release when you want to inhale the smoke. To make the hole, use your sharp tool and poke it through the plastic. Make sure the hole is large enough for air to flow through it, but not so large that you can’t cover it with your finger.
Step 3: Make a Hole for the Downstem
The third step is to make another hole for the downstem slightly above the waterline on the side of the bottle. The downstem is the tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber of your bong. To make this hole, use your sharp tool again and poke it through the plastic. Make sure the hole is about the same width as your highlighter or pen tube. If it’s too small, you may have trouble inserting the downstem; if it’s too large, the downstem may be too loose.
Step 4: Make a Downstem and a Bowl
The fourth step is to make a downstem and a bowl out of your highlighter or pen tube and aluminum foil. To make the downstem, empty the contents of your highlighter or pen so that you are left with just a hollow plastic tube. You may need to use scissors or pliers to pull it apart. Then, tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around one end of the tube. Press the center of the foil down into the tube to form a bowl shape and poke tiny holes in it so that smoke can get through.
Step 5: Insert the Downstem into the Bottle
The fifth step is to insert the open end of your downstem into the hole you made for it on
the side of the bottle. Angle it downward so that
the end inside of
the bottle is submerged in
the water. When you’re done inserting
the bowl should be angled upward on
the outside of
Step 6: Pack
the Bowl and Try Out Your New Bong
The final step is to pack
the bowl with your herb or tobacco and try out your new bong. To use it, cover
the carb with your finger and light up
the bowl with a lighter or a match. As you do so, inhale from
the mouthpiece of
the bottle (the part where
the cap used to be). When you’re ready to take a hit, release
the carb and inhale
the smoke from
the bottle into your lungs. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make your homemade bong experience even better:
- Use a larger bottle for bigger hits, or a smaller bottle for more discreet smoking.
- Use different kinds of fruits or vegetables to make your bong more flavorful and natural. For example, you can use an apple, a carrot, a bell pepper, or a watermelon as your base. Just make sure to hollow them out and make holes for the downstem and the carb.
- Use a pre-fabricated bowl if you have one, instead of making one out of foil. This will make your bong more durable and easier to clean.
- Use gum, peanut butter, or soft candy to seal any gaps or leaks in your bong. This will make it more airtight and efficient.
- Clean your bong regularly to prevent mold, bacteria, and bad smells. You can use hot water, soap, alcohol, or vinegar to rinse it out.
Making a homemade bong is a fun and easy way to enjoy your herbs or tobacco without spending a lot of money. All you need is a plastic bottle, a highlighter or pen tube, some foil, a sharp tool, some water, and your favorite herb or tobacco. Follow these 12 simple steps and you’ll have a fully functioning bong in no time. Happy smoking!