If you are looking for a simple and fun way to enjoy your herb or tobacco, you might want to try making an apple bong. An apple bong is a homemade pipe that uses an apple as the main component. Apples are easy to find, cheap, and biodegradable, making them ideal for a DIY project. Plus, they add a fruity flavor to your smoke, which can enhance your experience.
There are different ways to make an apple bong, but the basic principle is the same: you need to create a chamber inside the apple that connects a bowl, a mouthpiece, and a carb. The bowl is where you place your herb or tobacco, the mouthpiece is where you inhale the smoke, and the carb is a hole that you cover and uncover with your finger to control the airflow. Here are two methods to make an apple bong using common household items.
Method 1: Making an Apple Bong Using a Pen
This method is quick and easy, and it only requires an apple and a pen. You can use any type of apple, but make sure it is fresh and firm. A soft apple might collapse or leak while you are using it. You can use any pen that has a sharp tip and a hollow body, such as a ballpoint pen. Just make sure to remove the ink well before you use it.
- Remove the stem from the apple. You can use your fingers to twist or pull it off, or cut a slit around it with a knife. Make sure you get the entire stem out; if it breaks, dig into the hole with your fingers and remove it from the base.
- Bore a hole through the top of the apple. Place the pointed tip of the pen over the hole where the stem used to be and jam it into the apple at a slight angle. Push it into the apple until you have made a hole that extends about halfway through the apple. If the apple is hard to push through, you can use a twisting motion as you push. Once you make the initial hole with the pen’s tip, you can remove the pen, unscrew the tip, and use the tip-less pen to push into the apple. The apple will slide into the hollow pen. When you are finished making the hole, remove the pen and discard the apple piece.
- Bore a second hole near the bottom of the apple. It should be about half an inch from the hole at the apple’s base. Insert the pen and poke a hole that meets up with the first hole you poked.
- Bore a third hole on the side of the apple. Insert the pen into the apple an inch or a little more from the top hole. Push the pen into the apple until the third hole meets up with the chamber system you have created. This hole will serve as the carb, so it should be in a place that is convenient to cover with a finger while you are lighting the pipe.
- Make a bowl. Use the pen or another object to carve out a hollow shape on the top of the apple where
the first hole was drilled.
Congratulations! You have made an apple bong using a pen. To use it, place some herb or tobacco on
the bowl, cover the carb with your finger, light up your material, and inhale through
the mouthpiece at
the bottom of
you are done,
you can either eat
the apple or throw
Method 2: Making a Hollowed-Out Apple Bong
This method is slightly more complicated, but it allows you to create a larger chamber and bowl inside
the apple. You will need an apple, a knife, a spoon, and a hollow pen or straw for this method.
- Cut off
the top of
About an inch from
the top of
the top using
a sharp knife.
the top off
Do not cut too close from
the stem because you will need to use
the top like
- Hollow out
a spoon to scoop out
the flesh of
leaving about half an inch of thickness around
Be careful not to puncture
the bottom or sides of
You can eat or discard
the flesh you removed.
- Poke holes in
the sides of
a hollow pen or straw to poke two holes in opposite sides of
They should be near
the bottom of
the apple and meet
the hollow chamber inside.
One hole will be
the mouthpiece and the other will be
the top of
the apple to
the pen or straw.
a knife to make a small hole in
the center of
the top of
the pen or straw into
the hole and secure it with some apple flesh or tape.
This will be your bowl, so make sure it is stable and not too loose.
Voila! You have made a hollowed-out apple bong. To use it, fill the bowl with some herb or tobacco, cover the carb with your finger, light up your material, and inhale through the mouthpiece on the side of the apple. When you are done, you can either eat the apple or throw it away.
Making an apple bong is a fun and easy way to enjoy your herb or tobacco. It is also a great way to impress your friends with your creativity and resourcefulness. Apples are cheap, available, and biodegradable, so you don’t have to worry about wasting money or harming the environment. Plus, they add a nice fruity flavor to your smoke, which can make your experience more enjoyable. Try making an apple bong today and see for yourself how simple and satisfying it can be.