A bong is a water-filtration device that is used to smoke herb or tobacco. It can produce large hits of smooth and cool smoke that can be more enjoyable and potent than other smoking methods. Bongs come in various shapes, sizes and materials, but they all have some basic components that work together to create the smoking experience.
In this blog post, we will explain how to use a bong step by step, what are the benefits and drawbacks of using a bong, and how to keep your bong clean and fresh. We will also provide some tips and tricks to enhance your bong sessions and make them more fun and satisfying.
What You Need to Use a Bong
Before you start using a bong, you need to gather some essential items. Here is a list of what you need:
- A bong: You can buy one from a headshop, an online store, or make one yourself from household items. There are many types of bongs, such as glass, plastic, silicone, bamboo, ceramic, etc. Choose one that suits your budget, preference and style.
- Herb or tobacco: You can use any kind of herb or tobacco that you like to smoke. Make sure it is dry and cured properly.
- A grinder: You need to grind your herb or tobacco before you pack it in the bowl of the bong. This will help it burn more evenly and efficiently. You can use a metal, plastic or wooden grinder, or just use your fingers or scissors.
- Water: You need to fill the bong with water to filter and cool the smoke. You can use tap water, bottled water, or even ice water if you want a colder hit.
- A lighter: You need to light the herb or tobacco in the bowl of the bong. You can use any kind of lighter, such as a match, a butane lighter, or a hemp wick.
How to Use a Bong Step by Step
Now that you have everything you need, you are ready to use your bong. Here are the steps to follow:
- Prepare your bong: Remove the bowl and the downstem from the bong if they are detachable. Pour water into the mouthpiece until it covers the bottom of the downstem but not the bowl. You can also add some ice cubes to the water if you want a colder hit. Put the downstem and the bowl back into the bong.
- Grind your herb or tobacco: Take a small amount of herb or tobacco and grind it with your grinder or your fingers until it is fine but not too powdery. You want it to have some texture so that it doesn’t fall through the holes in the bowl.
- Pack your bowl: Fill the bowl with your ground herb or tobacco without packing it too tightly. You want some air to flow through it so that it burns well. Leave some space at the top of the bowl so that you don’t burn your fingers when lighting it.
- Place your mouth on the mouthpiece: Hold the bong with one hand and place your mouth on the mouthpiece. Make sure your lips are inside the hole and create a tight seal. If your bong has a carb hole on the side of the chamber, cover it with your thumb or finger.
- Light your bowl: Hold your lighter with your other hand and bring it close to the bowl. Light the herb or tobacco while inhaling slowly and steadily through the mouthpiece. You will see the chamber filling up with smoke as you inhale.
- Inhale the smoke: When you have enough smoke in the chamber, remove your thumb or finger from the carb hole if there is one, or pull out the bowl from the downstem if there isn’t one. Inhale quickly and deeply through the mouthpiece to clear all the smoke from the chamber into your lungs.
- Exhale the smoke: Hold the smoke in your lungs for a few seconds if you want to get more effects from it, then exhale slowly and smoothly through your mouth or nose. Enjoy the sensation and flavor of the smoke.
- Repeat as desired: If you want to take another hit, repeat steps 3 to 6 until you finish the herb or tobacco in the bowl. You can also pass the bong to a friend if you are smoking with someone else.