If you are looking for a new way to enjoy your favorite herbs or tobacco, you might want to try using a glass bong with concentrates, oils, or wax. These are potent forms of cannabis or tobacco extracts that can deliver a powerful and flavorful experience. However, using a glass bong with concentrates, oils, or wax is not the same as using it with dry herbs or tobacco. You will need some special equipment and techniques to get the most out of your dabbing session. Here is a guide on how to use a glass bong with concentrates, oils, or wax.
What You Will Need
To use a glass bong with concentrates, oils, or wax, you will need the following items:
- A glass bong: This is the main device that you will use to inhale the vaporized concentrates, oils, or wax. You can use any glass bong that you like, as long as it has a standard joint size (usually 14mm or 18mm) and a removable bowl. You can also choose a glass bong that has percolators or ice pinches for extra cooling and filtration.
- A dab rig: This is a special attachment that replaces the bowl of your glass bong and allows you to vaporize concentrates, oils, or wax. A dab rig consists of a nail or banger, which is the heating element that holds the concentrates, oils, or wax; and a dome or carb cap, which is the cover that traps the vapor and directs it to the glass bong. There are different types of nails or bangers, such as titanium, quartz, ceramic, or glass; and different shapes and sizes of domes or carb caps. You can choose the one that suits your preferences and budget.
- A dab torch: This is a tool that you will use to heat up the nail or banger of your dab rig. A dab torch is usually a butane torch that produces a high-temperature flame. You can also use an electric dab rig that has an electric coil that automatically heats up the nail or banger.
- A dab tool: This is a tool that you will use to scoop up and apply the concentrates, oils, or wax to the nail or banger of your dab rig. A dab tool can be made of metal, glass, ceramic, or silicone; and can have different shapes and tips, such as spoons, picks, spatulas, or needles.
- A concentrate container: This is a container that you will use to store and transport your concentrates, oils, or wax. A concentrate container can be made of glass, metal, silicone, or plastic; and can have different sizes and designs. You should choose a concentrate container that is airtight, odor-proof, and heat-resistant.
- Concentrates, oils, or wax: These are the products that you will vaporize using your glass bong and dab rig. Concentrates, oils, or wax are extracted from cannabis or tobacco plants using various methods and solvents. They have different textures and consistencies, such as shatter, budder, crumble, honeycomb, sap, rosin, live resin, distillate, etc. They also have different potencies and flavors depending on the strain and extraction process.
How to Use a Glass Bong with Concentrates,
Once you have all the necessary items,
you are ready to use your glass bong with concentrates,
Follow these steps:
- Fill your glass bong with water until it covers the bottom of the downstem.
You can also add ice cubes to the water chamber or ice pinches if your glass bong has them.
This will help cool down and filter the vapor.
- Attach your dab rig to the joint of your glass bong.
Make sure it fits snugly and securely.
You can also use an adapter if your dab rig has a different joint size than your glass bong.
- Turn on your dab torch and aim it at the nail or banger of your dab rig.
Heat it up until it glows red-hot.
This may take about 30 seconds to a minute depending on the material and size of your nail or banger.
- Turn off your dab torch and let the nail or banger cool down for about 10 to 20 seconds.
This will allow it to reach the optimal temperature for vaporizing concentrates,
You can also use a thermometer to check the temperature of your nail or banger.
The ideal temperature range is between 300°F and 500°F.
- Use your dab tool to scoop up a small amount of concentrates,
or wax from your concentrate container.
The size of your dab should be about the size of a grain of rice or smaller.
You can also use more or less depending on your tolerance and preference.
- Apply the concentrates,
or wax to the nail or banger of your dab rig.
Make sure to spread it evenly and avoid touching the hot surface with your dab tool.
- Cover the nail or banger with the dome or carb cap of your dab rig.
This will trap the vapor and create a vacuum that will draw it into the glass bong.
- Inhale from the mouthpiece of your glass bong slowly and steadily.
You will see the vapor travel through the water chamber and percolators of your glass bong and into your lungs.
- Exhale the vapor and enjoy the effects and flavors of your concentrates,
- Repeat steps 3 to 9 as desired until you finish your dab session.
How to Clean and Maintain Your Glass Bong and Dab Rig
To keep your glass bong and dab rig in good condition and prevent residue buildup,
you should clean and maintain them regularly.
Here are some tips on how to do that:
- After each dab session,
empty the water from your glass bong and rinse it with hot water.
You can also use a pipe cleaner or a brush to remove any debris or stains from the inside of your glass bong.
- Remove the dab rig from your glass bong and wipe off any excess concentrates,
or wax from the nail or banger with a cotton swab or a paper towel.
You can also use a torch to burn off any residue from the nail or banger,
but be careful not to overheat it or damage it.
- Soak the dab rig in a solution of isopropyl alcohol and salt for about an hour or overnight.
This will help dissolve any stubborn residue from the nail or banger and the dome or carb cap.
- Rinse the dab rig with hot water and dry it with a cloth or a paper towel.
You can also use a pipe cleaner or a brush to clean any hard-to-reach areas of the dab rig.
- Store your glass bong and dab rig in a safe and dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
You can also use a padded case or a bag to protect them from dust and damage.
Using a glass bong with concentrates,
or wax is a great way to enjoy your herbs or tobacco in a different and more potent way.
you need to have some special equipment and techniques to do it properly and safely.
By following this guide,
you can learn how to use a glass bong with concentrates,
or wax and have an amazing dabbing experience.