A bong is a popular device for smoking herb or tobacco, using water to cool and filter the smoke. However, over time, the bong can get dirty and clogged with resin, ash and bacteria, affecting the taste and quality of your smoke. Therefore, it is important to clean your bong regularly to keep it in good condition and enjoy a smooth and flavorful smoke.
In this blog post, we will show you a proven method to clean your bong using simple household items. This method works for any type of bong, whether it is glass, plastic, ceramic or metal. You will need the following supplies:
- A sink or basin
- Coarse salt, rice or baking soda
- Rubbing alcohol, vinegar or another cleaner
- Clean water
- Latex gloves
- A small brush or a pipe cleaner
- Rubber stoppers or bong plugs
Follow these steps to clean your bong:
- Empty the bong and rinse and fill it with warm water. While wearing your latex gloves, empty out your bong as well as you can. Pour out old bong water and remove any spent herb or tobacco. Then give it a good rinse with warm water to remove any remaining solid particles. Finally, fill the bong part way with some of the warm water you’re using.
- Disassemble your bong. Take it apart so that the individual pieces can be cleaned. Remove all movable parts, including the pipe and mouthpiece. As you take your bong apart, check for any damage such as chips or cracks. You’ll need to replace any damaged pieces before using your bong again.
- Add coarse salt and rubbing alcohol to your bong. Next, you’ll need to add an abrasive and a cleaner into the base of the bong so that they can work together to clean the inside. Coarse salt and isopropyl alcohol typically work best for this, but you can also use vinegar and rice or baking soda. The stronger the rubbing alcohol, the better. Ideally, you would use one over 90%.
- Plug the holes and shake it up. Use rubber stoppers or bong plugs to seal the open holes of the bong so that your abrasive and cleaner don’t cause a big mess. Shake it for about five minutes to get the best possible result.
- Rinse and repeat. Empty the cleaning solution into a sink and rinse it out completely with clean water. Repeat the cleaning process as many times as you need to, but once is usually enough.
- Clean the pipe and mouthpiece. To clean the pipe and mouthpiece, you can use the same method as above, but put them in a zipper storage bag with some salt and alcohol instead of in the bong. Shake them well in the bag, then rinse them with water and soap.
- Scrub away stubborn resin. If there are any areas that still have resin buildup after rinsing, you can use a small brush or a pipe cleaner to scrub them away. Be gentle and careful not to scratch or damage your bong.
- Dry your bong. Use a towel to dry your bong thoroughly before reassembling it. Make sure there is no moisture left inside or outside the bong.
Congratulations! You have successfully cleaned your bong using a proven method. Your bong should look shiny and new, and your smoke should taste much better. To maintain your bong in good condition, you should change the water after every smoke session and deep clean your bong roughly once a week. This will ensure you get the safest, best tasting smoke possible.
- How To Clean A Bong – Proven Method – Guides For Cleaning
- 3 Ways to Clean a Bong – wikiHow
- How to clean a bong | Weedmaps
- How to Clean a Bong: Best Ways to Clean and Disinfect Your Water Pipe …
- How to Properly Clean Any Type of Bong – Insider
- How to clean a bong: a step-by-step guide – The Cannigma