A bong, also known as a water pipe, is one of the most popular tools for smoking herb or tobacco. It uses water to cool and filter the smoke, making it smoother and less harsh on your lungs. However, over time, your bong can get dirty and clogged with resin, tar and bacteria, which can affect the taste and quality of your smoke. Not to mention, it can also look unsightly and smell bad.
That’s why it’s important to clean your bong regularly and properly. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to clean a bong with alcohol, one of the most effective and affordable methods available. Alcohol, especially isopropyl alcohol (also known as rubbing alcohol), can dissolve the sticky resin and remove the stains from your glass bong. You’ll also need some coarse salt, such as sea salt or rock salt, to act as an abrasive and scrub away the stubborn residue.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Remove the bowl, stem and any other detachable parts from your bong. Rinse them with hot water to get rid of any loose debris.
- Place each piece in a separate resealable plastic bag. Pour some coarse salt into each bag, enough to cover the bottom. Then add enough alcohol to submerge the pieces completely. Seal the bags tightly.
- Shake the bags vigorously for a few minutes, or until you see the resin coming off the pieces. You can also let them soak for longer if they are very dirty.
- Meanwhile, pour some coarse salt into your bong through the mouthpiece and the downstem hole. Then add enough alcohol to fill about half of the bong. Cover the openings with rubber stoppers or bong plugs, or use your hands if you don’t have any.
- Shake the bong vigorously for a few minutes, or until you see the resin coming off the glass. You can also let it soak for longer if it’s very dirty.
- Once you’re done shaking and soaking, pour out the alcohol and salt mixture from the bags and the bong. Rinse everything thoroughly with hot water and soap until there’s no trace of alcohol or salt left. You can use a pipe cleaner or a cotton swab to reach any hard-to-clean spots.
- Dry your bong and its parts with a towel or let them air dry completely before reassembling and using them again.
Congratulations! You’ve just learned how to clean a bong with alcohol. Your bong should look shiny and new, and your smoke should taste much better. You should repeat this process at least once a week, or more often if you use your bong frequently. This will prevent resin buildup and bacteria growth, and keep your bong in good condition for longer.
If you don’t have alcohol or salt at hand, you can also use other household items to clean your bong, such as vinegar and rice, baking soda and lemon juice, or specialty 420 cleaners. However, alcohol and salt are generally considered the best option for their effectiveness, availability and affordability.
We hope you found this blog post helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Happy smoking!
- : How to clean a bong | Weedmaps
- : What Rubbing Alcohol to Clean Bong?
- : How to Clean a Bong or Pipe: Isopropyl Alcohol vs. Specialty 420 Cleaners | PotGuide
- : How to Properly Clean Any Type of Bong – Insider
- : How to Clean a Bong: Best Ways to Clean and Disinfect Your Water Pipe | Rolling Stone