If you enjoy smoking herbs or tobacco from a glass bong, you probably know how unpleasant the smell can be after a few sessions. The bong water, the resin, the ashes, and the bacteria can all contribute to a foul odor that can linger in your room and even affect the taste of your smoke. Fortunately, there are some simple ways to keep your bong smelling fresh and clean, without using harsh chemicals or spending too much time and money. Here are some tips on how to get rid of the smell of a glass bong after using it.
Clean your bong regularly
The best way to prevent your bong from smelling bad is to clean it regularly, preferably after every use or at least once a week. Cleaning your bong will not only eliminate the odor, but also improve the flavor and quality of your smoke, as well as prevent the growth of mold and bacteria that can harm your health. To clean your bong, you will need some rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol), coarse salt, and hot water. You can also use some lemon juice or vinegar to add some extra freshness.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Disassemble your bong by removing the bowl and the downstem. Rinse them with hot water to remove any loose debris.
- Pour some rubbing alcohol and salt into the base of your bong, enough to cover the bottom. You can also add some lemon juice or vinegar for extra freshness.
- Plug the openings of your bong with your hands or some paper towels, and shake it vigorously for a few minutes. The alcohol and salt will act as solvents and abrasives, dissolving and scrubbing away the resin and other contaminants from the glass.
- Pour out the dirty solution and rinse your bong with hot water until it is clear and clean.
- Repeat the same process for the bowl and the downstem, using a pipe cleaner or a cotton swab to reach the hard-to-clean areas.
- Let your bong and its parts dry completely before reassembling and storing them.
Use an ash catcher
An ash catcher is a device that attaches to your bong and catches most of the ashes and debris before they enter the main chamber of your bong. This way, you can reduce the amount of residue that accumulates in your bong water and on the walls of your glass. An ash catcher will also make your smoke smoother and cooler, as it adds an extra layer of filtration and diffusion. You can find ash catchers in different sizes, shapes, and designs, depending on your preference and budget.
Use a product like Piece Water
Piece Water is a product that replaces regular water in your bong and keeps it smelling good through multiple smoke sessions. It is made of natural ingredients that prevent resin from sticking to your glass, reduce odor, increase filtration, and enhance flavor. Piece Water also has antibacterial properties that prevent mold and bacteria from growing in your bong. To use Piece Water, you simply fill your bong with it instead of water, and enjoy your smoke as usual. You can reuse Piece Water for up to 40 bowls before changing it.
How to get rid of bong smell after a spill
If you accidentally spill your bong water on your carpet or upholstery, you will need to act fast to get rid of the smell before it sets in. Here are some steps to follow:
- Blot up as much of the liquid as possible with paper towels or a clean cloth.
- Sprinkle some baking soda over the affected area and let it sit for 30 minutes. The baking soda will absorb any remaining odor molecules and neutralize them.
- Vacuum up the baking soda and spray some white vinegar over the spot. The vinegar will help disinfect and deodorize the area.
- Blot up any excess vinegar with paper towels or a clean cloth.
- Let the area dry completely before using it again.
If you follow these tips, you will be able to enjoy smoking from your glass bong without worrying about the smell. Remember to clean your bong regularly, use an ash catcher or a product like Piece Water, and act fast if you spill any bong water. Happy smoking!