A bong is a device that allows you to smoke herb or tobacco by filtering the smoke through water. Bongs can be made from various materials, such as glass, plastic, ceramic, metal, or bamboo. However, if you don’t have access to a ready-made bong or you want to make your own at home, you may need to improvise with some household items.
One of the most common ways to make a homemade bong is to use a plastic bottle and some aluminum foil. However, foil is not the best material to use for smoking, as it can release harmful chemicals when heated. Moreover, foil can be easily damaged or torn, causing leaks or burns. Therefore, it is better to avoid using foil and look for some alternatives that are safer and more durable.
In this blog post, we will show you how to make a bong without foil using some simple and cheap materials that you can find around your house. We will also give you some tips and tricks on how to use and clean your homemade bong. Let’s get started!
Materials You Will Need
To make a bong without foil, you will need the following materials:
- A plastic bottle of any size. The larger the bottle, the bigger the hits will be.
- A sharp tool, such as a pen, a knife, or a straightened out paperclip. You will use this to poke holes in the bottle.
- A downstem and a bowl. These are the parts that hold and burn your herb or tobacco. You can use a ready-made downstem and bowl if you have them, or you can make your own using a highlighter and some metal.
- Water. You will fill the bottle with water to filter the smoke.
Steps to Make a Bong Without Foil
Follow these steps to make your own bong without foil:
- Fill up the plastic bottle ¼ of the way with water. This is the amount of water that will filter the smoke when you use the bong. Don’t worry if you don’t have the cap to the bottle—you won’t need it.
- Poke a hole just below the neck of the bottle to make the carb. The carb is the hole that you will cover with your finger at first and then let go of so you can inhale the smoke in the bottle. Make the hole large enough for air to flow through it, but not so big that you won’t be able to cover it with your finger.
- Make a second hole slightly above the waterline for the downstem. You will insert the downstem through this hole at an angle so that the end inside of the bottle is submerged in the water. Make this hole about the same width as a pen.
- Make your own downstem and bowl using a highlighter and some metal. To do this, empty the contents of a highlighter so you are left with just the hollow plastic tube. You may need to use scissors or pliers to pull the highlighter apart. Then, find a piece of metal that can fit over the wide end of the tube and form a bowl shape. You can use a socket for a socket wrench, a thimble, or another circular piece of metal that can hold your herb or tobacco. Attach the metal piece to the tube using some tape or glue.
- Push the open end of the downstem through the bottom hole you made in the bottle. Angle the downstem downward so that the open end inside of the bottle is submerged in the water. The bowl should be angled upward on the outside of the bottle.
- Pack your bowl with your herb or tobacco and try out your new bong. To use it, cover the carb with your finger and light up your bowl. As you do this, slowly lift up the bottle from the water to create suction and fill it with smoke. When you are ready to inhale, remove your finger from the carb and lower the bottle back into the water. This will push out all of