If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco, you may want to try making your own bong at home. A bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, making it smoother and cooler. You can make a bong out of various materials, such as plastic bottles, fruits, or glass jars. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a simple homemade bong using a plastic bottle and some household items.
What You Will Need
- A plastic bottle of any size (the larger the bottle, the bigger the hits)
- A pen with the ink removed or a metal tube for the downstem
- A small piece of aluminum foil or a metal bowl for the bowl
- A sharp tool, such as a knife, scissors, or a paperclip for making holes
- Herb or tobacco of your choice
Step by Step Instructions
- Fill up the plastic bottle about 1/4 of the way with water. This is the base of your bong and the water will filter the smoke.
- Poke a hole near the top of the bottle, just below the neck, to make the carb. The carb is the hole that you will cover with your finger when you inhale and release when you clear the smoke from the bottle.
- Poke another hole slightly above the waterline, on the side of the bottle, to make the downstem hole. This is where you will insert the pen or tube that will hold the bowl.
- Make a downstem by emptying the contents of a pen and removing any plastic parts. You should be left with a hollow metal tube. Alternatively, you can use any metal tube that fits snugly into the hole.
- Make a bowl by wrapping a small piece of aluminum foil around one end of the tube and pressing it down to form a concave shape. Poke some small holes in the foil to allow air flow. Alternatively, you can use a metal bowl that fits on top of the tube.
- Insert the open end of the tube through the downstem hole and angle it downward so that it is submerged in the water. The bowl should be facing upward on the outside of the bottle.
- Pack some herb or tobacco into the bowl and light it with a lighter.
- Cover the carb with your finger and place your mouth over the mouthpiece of the bottle. Inhale slowly and gently until you see smoke filling up the bottle.
- Remove your finger from the carb and inhale sharply to clear the smoke from the bottle.
- Enjoy your homemade bong!
Tips and Warnings
- You can use different types of bottles for different effects. For example, you can use a two-liter bottle for huge hits, or a small water bottle for portability.
- You can also use different types of fruits or vegetables instead of a plastic bottle. For example, you can use an apple, a carrot, or a bell pepper. Just carve out a bowl and a downstem hole and follow the same steps.
- You can add ice cubes to the water to make the smoke even cooler and smoother.
- You can decorate your homemade bong with stickers, paint, or markers to make it more personalized.
- Be careful when making holes in the bottle or fruit. Use a sharp tool and be gentle to avoid cutting yourself or breaking the material.
- Do not use aluminum foil as a bowl if you can avoid it. The heat from the lighter can cause oxidation and release harmful chemicals. Use a metal bowl instead if possible.
- Clean your homemade bong after each use to prevent mold and bacteria growth. Rinse it with hot water and soap or alcohol.
- Do not reuse your homemade bong for too long. Replace it with a new one every few weeks or buy a proper glass bong if you can afford it.