If you are looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy your herb or tobacco, you might want to try making a water bottle bong. A water bottle bong is a simple homemade device that allows you to smoke your product through water filtration, which cools and smooths the smoke. All you need are some basic household items and a few minutes of your time. Here is how to make a water bottle bong in 5 easy steps.
What You Need
To make a water bottle bong, you will need the following materials:
- An empty plastic water bottle. Any size will do, but a standard 16.9 ounce bottle is ideal.
- A lighter. You will use this to light your product, but also to help make the hole for the downstem and melt it to the bottle.
- Scissors or another sharp tool. You will use this to poke holes in the bottle for the downstem hole and the carb.
- A bowl. You can use a metal socket, a bottle cap, or any other small metal container that can hold your product.
- An empty pen tube. You will use this as the downstem, which connects the bowl to the water chamber.
- Aluminum foil. You will use this to wrap around the bowl and secure it to the pen tube.
- Duct tape or gauze. You will use this to seal any gaps or leaks around the downstem and the bowl.
- Water. You will use this to fill the bottle about a quarter of the way.
Step 1: Make the Downstem and Bowl
The first step is to make the downstem and bowl, which are the parts that hold and deliver your product to the water chamber. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Disassemble the pen, taking all the components apart until you are left with only the long empty plastic tube. This becomes the downstem.
- Wrap a small piece of aluminum foil around one end of the pen tube, forming a bowl shape. Press the foil down into the tube to make a depression that can hold your product.
- Poke some small holes in the foil with a needle or a toothpick. These holes allow the smoke to pass through the downstem into the water chamber.
- Attach your bowl to the pen tube. You can use a metal socket, a bottle cap, or any other small metal container that fits snugly over the foil-covered end of the pen tube. Secure it with some duct tape or gauze.
Step 2: Make the Carb
The next step is to make the carb, which is a hole that allows you to clear the smoke from the water chamber when you inhale. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Poke a hole in the side of the water bottle, just below the neck. You can use scissors, a knife, or any other sharp tool to make the hole.
- Make sure that the hole is large enough for your finger to cover it, but not too large that it lets too much air in.
Step 3: Make the Downstem Hole
The third step is to make the downstem hole, which is where you insert the downstem and bowl into the water chamber. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Poke another hole in the side of the water bottle, slightly above the waterline. You can use scissors, a knife, or any other sharp tool to make this hole as well.
- Make sure that this hole is slightly smaller than the diameter of your pen tube, so that it fits snugly and does not leak.
Step 4: Insert and Seal the Downstem
The fourth step is to insert and seal the downstem into the water chamber. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Push the open end of your pen tube through the downstem hole at an angle, so that it reaches below
the water level inside
the edges of
the hole with
the pen tube
a tight seal.
You can also
use some duct tape
Step 5: Fill the Bowl and Enjoy
The final step is to fill the bowl with your product and enjoy your water bottle bong. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Fill the bowl with your herb or tobacco, but don’t pack it too tightly or it will restrict the airflow.
- Cover the carb with your finger, and place your mouth over the opening of the bottle.
- Light the product in the bowl, and inhale slowly. You will see the smoke travel through the downstem and bubble in the water chamber.
- When you are ready to inhale the smoke, remove your finger from the carb and inhale deeply. The smoke will clear from the water chamber into your lungs.
- Repeat as desired, and enjoy!
Congratulations, you have just made a water bottle bong! Remember to change the water regularly, and clean the downstem and bowl after each use. You can also experiment with different sizes and shapes of bottles, as well as different types of bowls and downstems. Have fun and be safe!