If you are looking for a smooth and enjoyable way to smoke your favorite herb or tobacco, you might want to consider buying a glass bong. A glass bong is a water pipe that filters and cools the smoke, making it less harsh and more flavorful. Glass bongs come in various sizes and designs, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. In this blog post, we will help you choose the right size and design of a glass bong for your needs and preferences.
Why size matters?
The size of a glass bong affects several aspects of your smoking experience, such as:
- Portability: Smaller bongs are easier to carry around and store, while larger bongs are more suitable for home use or social sessions.
- Hit intensity: Larger bongs can hold more smoke and water, resulting in bigger and smoother hits. Smaller bongs can deliver more concentrated and potent hits, but they may also be harsher on your throat and lungs.
- Cleaning and maintenance: Smaller bongs are simpler to clean and maintain, while larger bongs may require more effort and accessories to keep them in good shape.
What are the common sizes of glass bongs?
Glass bongs come in different sizes, ranging from mini to extra large. Here are some common sizes of glass bongs and their features:
- Mini bongs: These are usually between 4 to 10 inches in height, and they are ideal for discreet and portable smoking. They can provide powerful hits for a small device, but they may also be harsher than larger bongs. Mini bongs are also known as bubblers, and they can be used with or without water. A good example of a mini bong is the Glow in the Dark Smoke Trees Mini Bong, which is 6 inches tall and has a showerhead percolator for smooth hits.
- Medium bongs: These are usually between 8 to 16 inches in height, and they are the most popular choice for many smokers. They offer a balance between portability and performance, delivering smooth and tasty hits without being too bulky or complicated. Medium bongs often have percolators or other features that enhance the filtration and cooling of the smoke. A good example of a medium bong is the 12 Inch Beaker Bong by Diamond Glass, which has a thick base, an ice catcher, and a diffused downstem for optimal smoke seshes.
- Large bongs: These are usually between 17 to 24 inches in height, and they are designed for experienced smokers who want massive and smooth hits. Large bongs can hold more water and smoke, creating impressive clouds that will satisfy any enthusiast. Large bongs may also have multiple percolators or chambers that further improve the quality of the smoke. However, large bongs are not very portable or discreet, and they may be harder to clean and maintain. A good example of a large bong is the The Quad Rocket 4 Stage Honeycomb Perc Beaker Bong, which is 22 inches tall and has four honeycomb percolators for ultimate filtration.
How to choose the right design of a glass bong?
Besides the size, another factor that affects your smoking experience is the design of the glass bong. There are many types of glass bongs, each with its own shape, style, and function. Here are some common types of glass bongs and their features:
- Straight tube bongs: These are simple and classic glass bongs that have a straight cylindrical shape. They are easy to use and clean, and they can provide strong hits with minimal drag. However, they may also splash water into your mouth if you pull too hard.
- Beaker bongs: These are glass bongs that have a cone-shaped base that resembles a beaker. They are more stable and hold more water than straight tube bongs, resulting in smoother and cooler hits. However, they may also have more drag and require more lung power to clear.
- Bent neck bongs: These are glass bongs that have a curved neck that angles away from the base. They are more comfortable and ergonomic to use, and they prevent water from splashing into your mouth. However, they may also be harder to clean and store.
- Recycler bongs: These are glass bongs that have two chambers that recycle the water and smoke between them. They are more efficient and flavorful than regular bongs, as they filter and cool the smoke multiple times. However, they may also be more expensive and complex than regular bongs.
Choosing the right size and design of a glass bong for your needs and preferences is not a difficult task, as long as you know what you are looking for. You should consider factors such as portability, hit intensity, cleaning and maintenance, filtration and cooling, comfort and ergonomics, and price and quality. You should also experiment with different sizes and designs of glass bongs to find the one that suits you best. Remember, there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to glass bongs, so have fun and enjoy your smoking sessions!