A glass bong is a device that allows you to smoke your favorite herb or tobacco through water filtration, which cools and smooths the smoke and delivers a more pleasant experience. Glass bongs are popular among smokers who appreciate their durability, transparency, and variety of shapes and colors. However, using a glass bong also comes with some responsibilities and risks that you should be aware of before you light up.
In this blog post, we will give you some tips on how to enjoy your glass bong safely and legally, without causing any trouble or harm to yourself or others. We will cover topics such as choosing the right bong, cleaning and maintaining it, storing it properly, smoking it in a respectful manner, and following the laws and regulations in your area.
Choosing the right glass bong
The first step to enjoying your glass bong is to choose one that suits your needs and preferences. There are many types of glass bongs available on the market, such as beaker bongs, straight tube bongs, percolator bongs, recycler bongs, and more. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, depending on factors such as size, shape, design, function, and price.
Some things to consider when choosing a glass bong are:
- The size of the bong: Do you want a small and portable bong that you can easily carry around and hide, or a large and impressive bong that you can display in your home and share with friends? The size of the bong will also affect the amount of water and smoke it can hold, which will influence the strength and smoothness of your hits.
- The shape of the bong: Do you prefer a classic beaker or straight tube shape that offers stability and simplicity, or a more complex shape that features percolators, recyclers, ice catchers, or other accessories that enhance the filtration and cooling of the smoke? The shape of the bong will also affect its appearance and aesthetics, as well as its ease of use and cleaning.
- The material of the bong: Glass is the most common material for bongs because it is heat-resistant, transparent, and easy to shape and color. However, not all glass is created equal. You should look for high-quality borosilicate glass that is thick and durable enough to withstand high temperatures and accidental drops. Avoid cheap glass that is thin and brittle and can break easily.
- The joint size of the bong: The joint is the part of the bong where you attach the bowl or nail that holds your herb or tobacco. The joint size determines what kind of bowl or nail you can use with your bong. The most common joint sizes are 10mm, 14mm, and 18mm. You should choose a joint size that matches your preferred bowl or nail size, or get an adapter that allows you to switch between different sizes.
You can find a wide range of glass bongs for sale online at Grasscity.com, Smoke Cartel, or Headshop.com. These are reputable online stores that offer high-end and affordable glass bongs from various brands and manufacturers.
Cleaning and maintaining your glass bong
The second step to enjoying your glass bong is to keep it clean and well-maintained. A dirty bong can ruin your smoking experience by producing harsh, foul-tasting smoke that can irritate your throat and lungs. A dirty bong can also harbor bacteria, mold, and other contaminants that can pose health risks to you and anyone who shares your bong.
Some things to do to clean and maintain your glass bong are:
- Rinse your bong with hot water after every use to remove any residue or ash from the bowl or nail, the stem, the chamber, and the mouthpiece.
- Use a cleaning solution such as isopropyl alcohol (at least 91%) or specialized products like Formula 420 or Orange Chronic to soak your bong and dissolve any stubborn stains or build-up. You can also add some coarse salt or rice to act as an abrasive and scrub the inside of the bong.
- Use a pipe cleaner, a cotton swab, or a bottle brush to reach and clean any hard-to-reach areas of your bong, such as the percolators, the ice catcher, or the joint.
- Rinse your bong thoroughly with hot water again to remove any traces of the cleaning solution or the salt or rice. Make sure your bong is completely dry before storing it or using it again.
- Replace your bowl or nail regularly to avoid clogging or burning. You can also use a screen or a filter to prevent ash or herb from falling into the stem or the chamber.
You should clean your glass bong at least once a week, or more often if you use it frequently or share it with others. A clean bong will ensure a smooth and flavorful smoke that will enhance your enjoyment and satisfaction.
Storing your glass bong properly
The third step to enjoying your glass bong is to store it properly when you are not using it. A glass bong is a fragile and valuable item that can break easily if mishandled or dropped. A glass bong can also attract unwanted attention from curious children, pets, guests, or authorities if left out in the open.
Some things to do to store your glass bong properly are:
- Keep your bong in a safe and secure place where it will not be exposed to direct sunlight, extreme temperatures, moisture, dust, or dirt. You can use a padded case, a box, a drawer, a closet, or a cabinet to protect your bong from damage and deterioration.
- Keep your bong out of reach and sight of anyone who might accidentally or intentionally break it, steal it, or use it without your permission. You can use a lock, a key, a combination, or a password to secure your bong from unauthorized access.
- Keep your bong away from any flammable materials, electrical appliances, or sources of heat or fire that might cause it to crack, melt, explode, or ignite. You can use a fireproof container, a metal tray, or a ceramic plate to prevent your bong from catching fire or burning anything around it.
You should store your glass bong properly whenever you are not using it, especially if you are traveling with it or leaving it unattended for a long time. A properly stored bong will preserve its quality and appearance and prevent any accidents or incidents that might ruin your fun.
Smoking your glass bong in a respectful manner
The fourth step to enjoying your glass bong is to smoke it in a respectful manner that will not bother or harm yourself or others. A glass bong can produce a lot of smoke that can fill up a room and linger for hours. A glass bong can also make some noise that can disturb or annoy others who are nearby.
Some things to do to smoke your glass bong in a respectful manner are:
- Choose an appropriate place and time to smoke your glass bong that will not interfere with your work, school, family, or social obligations. You should also respect the rules and preferences of the people you live with or visit and ask for their permission before smoking in their space.
- Use moderation and caution when smoking your glass bong and avoid overdoing it or mixing it with other substances that might impair your judgment, coordination, memory, or perception. You should also be aware of the potency and quality of the herb or tobacco you are smoking and adjust your dosage accordingly.
- Use proper etiquette and manners when smoking your glass bong with others and follow the common rules of sharing such as passing to the left, cornering the bowl, clearing the chamber, and not slobbering on the mouthpiece. You should also be generous and courteous with your herb or tobacco and offer some to others who might want to join you.
- Use ventilation and filtration methods to reduce the amount and smell of the smoke that comes out of your glass bong and prevent it from spreading to other rooms or areas. You can use a fan, a window, an air purifier, an incense stick, a candle, a spray, or an odor eliminator to freshen up the air and mask the odor.
You should smoke your glass bong in a respectful manner whenever you are using it alone or with others. A respectful smoker will enjoy their glass.