If you are new to smoking herb or tobacco from a bong, you might be wondering how to do it properly. A bong is a device that uses water to cool and filter the smoke, producing a smooth and clean-tasting experience. However, hitting a bong can also be tricky if you don’t know the right technique. In this blog post, we will show you how to hit a bong like a pro, with some tips and tricks to make it easier and more enjoyable.
What You Need
Before you start, make sure you have everything you need to hit a bong. Here is a list of the essentials:
- Your favorite strain of herb or tobacco. You can use any kind of herb or tobacco that you like, but make sure it is dry and well-ground. The best way to grind your herb or tobacco is with a grinder, as it will give you a uniform consistency that will burn evenly.
- A bong. There are many types and sizes of bongs, but they all have the same basic components: a bowl, where you put your herb or tobacco; a downstem, which connects the bowl to the water chamber; a water chamber, where the smoke passes through the water; and a mouthpiece, where you inhale the smoke. Some bongs also have additional features, such as percolators, ice catches, or carb holes, that can enhance the smoking experience.
- A lighter or hemp wick. You will need something to light your herb or tobacco with. You can use a regular lighter, but some people prefer to use a hemp wick, which is a natural and organic alternative that produces less butane and ash.
- Water. You will need some fresh and clean water to fill your bong with. The water acts as a cooling and filtering agent for the smoke, so make sure it is not too hot or too cold. The ideal temperature is around room temperature or slightly cooler.
How to Hit a Bong
Now that you have everything ready, it’s time to hit your bong. Follow these steps to learn how to hit a bong like an expert:
- Fill the bong with water. Pour some water through the mouthpiece until the bottom of the downstem is fully submerged. You don’t need more water than that, as it will only make it harder to inhale. Change the water frequently, ideally every day, to keep it fresh and clean.
- Pack the bowl. Take some of your ground herb or tobacco and gently pack it into the bowl. Don’t overpack it, as it will make it hard to draw air through. Leave some space for air to flow around the herb or tobacco.
- Light the bowl while you inhale. Place your mouth inside the opening of the mouthpiece and create a seal with your lips. Hold your lighter or hemp wick above the bowl and light one corner of the herb or tobacco while you inhale slowly and steadily. Watch the smoke fill up in the water chamber as you draw air through the bowl.
- Pull out the stem and let it rip. Once you have enough smoke in the water chamber, pull out the stem (or release the carb hole if your bong has one) and inhale sharply to clear the smoke from the bong. Hold the smoke in your lungs for a few seconds before exhaling.
- Don’t be afraid to cough. It’s normal to cough after hitting a bong, especially if you are not used to it. Coughing helps clear your lungs of any irritants and excess mucus. Just make sure you cough away from the bong and into your elbow or a tissue.
Tips and Tricks
To hit a bong like a real professional, you should refer to these tips and tricks:</p