A bong is a device that allows you to smoke herbs or tobacco in a filtered and smooth way. Bongs can be made of glass, metal, plastic, or other materials, but they can also be easily made at home with some common household items. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a bong with a plastic bottle, a highlighter, some foil, and a few other tools. This is a simple and cheap way to enjoy your favorite herbs or tobacco without spending money on a store-bought bong.
What You Need
To make a plastic bottle bong, you will need the following items:
- A plastic bottle of any size. The larger the bottle, the bigger the hits will be.
- A highlighter or a pen that can be emptied of its contents.
- A piece of aluminum foil.
- A needle or a pin.
- A pair of scissors or a sharp knife.
- Duct tape or electrical tape.
- Your herb or tobacco of choice.
Step 1: Make the Bowl
The bowl is where you will place your herb or tobacco to burn it. To make the bowl, you will use the highlighter or the pen and the foil. Follow these steps:
- Take apart the highlighter or the pen and remove the ink tube and the tip. You should be left with a hollow plastic tube.
- Cut a small piece of foil and wrap it around one end of the tube. Press it down to form a bowl shape.
- Use the needle or the pin to poke some small holes in the foil. These holes will allow the smoke to pass through the tube.
Step 2: Make the Downstem
The downstem is the part that connects the bowl to the bottle. It also goes through the water to filter and cool the smoke. To make the downstem, you will use the same tube that you used for the bowl. Follow these steps:
- Poke a hole in the side of the bottle, slightly above the waterline. The hole should be big enough for the tube to fit through snugly.
- Insert the tube through the hole at an angle, so that the bowl end is outside of the bottle and the other end is submerged in the water.
- Use duct tape or electrical tape to seal any gaps around the hole and the tube. This will prevent air from escaping and make your bong more efficient.
Step 3: Make the Carb
The carb is a hole that you cover with your finger when you inhale and release when you clear the smoke from the bottle. The carb allows you to control the airflow and regulate the pressure inside the bong. To make the carb, follow these steps:
- Poke another hole in the bottle, near the top and opposite to the downstem. The hole should be big enough for your finger to cover it easily.
- You don’t need to seal this hole with tape, as you want some air to get in when you release it.
Step 4: Use Your Bong
Now that you have made your bong, you are ready to use it. Follow these steps:
- Fill up your bottle with water until it covers about an inch of the downstem.
- Pack your herb or tobacco into the bowl and light it with a lighter or a match.
- Cover the carb with your finger and place your mouth over the mouthpiece of the bottle.
- Inhale slowly and steadily until you see smoke filling up the bottle.
- Release your finger from the carb and inhale quickly to clear the smoke from the bottle.
- Repeat as desired.
Congratulations! You have just made your own homemade bong with household items. Enjoy your smooth and filtered hits and remember to clean your bong after each use. Happy smoking!