If you enjoy smoking herbs or tobacco, you may want to try making your own bong at home. A bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, making it smoother and cooler. You can make a bong out of various materials, such as plastic bottles, fruits, or glass jars. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a simple homemade bong using a plastic bottle and some household items.
What You Will Need
- A plastic bottle of any size (the larger the bottle, the bigger the hits)
- A pen with the ink removed (or a metal or glass tube)
- Aluminum foil
- A toothpick or a needle
- Herbs or tobacco of your choice
- A lighter
Step 1: Make the Carb
The carb is the hole that you will cover with your finger when you inhale the smoke, and release when you want to clear the bong. To make the carb, poke a hole near the neck of the bottle with the pen or another sharp tool. Make sure the hole is large enough for air to flow through, but not so big that you can’t cover it with your finger.
Step 2: Make the Downstem and Bowl
The downstem is the tube that connects the bowl (where you put your herbs or tobacco) to the water chamber. To make the downstem, use the pen or another tube that fits snugly through the bottle. If you are using a pen, remove the ink and any other parts that may melt or burn. To make the bowl, wrap a small piece of aluminum foil around one end of the tube and press it down to form a concave shape. Poke some small holes in the foil with a toothpick or a needle. This will allow the smoke to pass through.
Step 3: Insert the Downstem into the Bottle
Poke another hole in the bottle slightly above the waterline, on the opposite side of the carb. This is where you will insert the downstem. Push the open end of the tube through the hole at an angle, so that it reaches below the water level inside the bottle. The bowl should be facing upwards on the outside of the bottle. If the hole is too small, make it bigger with scissors or a knife. If the hole is too big, seal it with some gum or tape.
Step 4: Fill the Bottle with Water and Pack the Bowl
Fill up the bottle with water until it covers about an inch of the downstem. This will filter and cool down your smoke. Then, grind your herbs or tobacco until they are fine enough and pack some into your bowl. Don’t pack it too tight or too loose, as this will affect how well it burns and how much smoke you get.
Step 5: Light Up and Enjoy
To use your homemade bong, hold it in one hand and cover the carb with your finger. Place your mouth over the mouthpiece of the bottle and light up your bowl with a lighter. As you do this, slowly inhale through your mouth and watch as the bottle fills up with smoke. When you are ready to take a hit, remove your finger from the carb and inhale sharply through your mouth. This will clear all the smoke from the bottle into your lungs. Repeat as desired.
Tips and Tricks
- You can use different types of fruits instead of a plastic bottle to make a homemade bong. For example, you can use a melon, a pineapple, or a coconut. Just cut off the top and hollow out the fruit to make a chamber and a lid. Then, cut a hole in the lid for your downstem and bowl, and another hole in the side for your carb. Fill up the fruit with water and follow the same steps as above.
- You can also use a glass jar instead of a plastic bottle to make a homemade bong. Just drill or cut holes in the lid for your downstem and carb, and insert them as before. Fill up the jar with water and screw on the lid.
- If you have a pre-fabricated bowl or downstem, you can use them instead of making your own with a pen and foil.
- To clean your homemade bong, empty out the water and rinse it with hot water and soap. You can also use rubbing alcohol and salt to scrub away any residue.
This blog post is for informational and educational purposes only. We do not condone or promote the use of illegal substances. Please use your homemade bong responsibly and at your own risk.