If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco, you may want to try making your own bong at home. A bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, making it smoother and cooler. You can make a bong out of various materials, such as plastic bottles, fruits, or even pumpkins. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a homemade bong using some simple steps and supplies.
What You Will Need
To make a homemade bong, you will need the following items:
- A plastic bottle of any size. The larger the bottle, the bigger the hits will be.
- A pen with the ink removed or a metal tube to use as a downstem.
- A piece of aluminum foil or a metal bowl to use as a bowl.
- A sharp tool, such as a knife, scissors, or a paperclip, to make holes in the bottle.
- Water to fill the bottle.
- Herb or tobacco to pack the bowl.
- A lighter to ignite the herb or tobacco.
Step 1: Make the Carb
The carb is the hole that you will cover with your finger when you inhale and release when you want to clear the smoke from the bottle. To make the carb, poke a hole just below the neck of the bottle with your sharp tool. Make sure the hole is large enough for air to flow through it, but not so big that you can’t cover it with your finger.
Step 2: Make the Downstem Hole
The downstem is the tube that connects the bowl to the water in the bottle. To make the downstem hole, poke another hole slightly above the waterline of the bottle with your sharp tool. Make sure the hole is about the same width as your pen or metal tube. If it’s too small, you may have trouble inserting the downstem. If it’s too large, the downstem may be too loose and let air escape.
Step 3: Make the Downstem and Bowl
If you have a metal tube and a metal bowl, you can skip this step. If not, you can make your own downstem and bowl using a pen and aluminum foil. To make the downstem, empty the contents of a pen so you’re left with just the hollow plastic tube. To make the bowl, tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around one end of the tube. Press the center of the foil down into the tube to create a concave shape. Poke some small holes in the foil so that smoke can pass through them.
Step 4: Insert the Downstem
Push the open end of your downstem through the hole you made in step 2. Angle it downward so that it is submerged in the water. The bowl should be facing upward on the outside of the bottle. If your downstem is too long, you can cut it to fit. If your downstem is too loose, you can seal it with some gum or tape.
Step 5: Pack and Smoke Your Bong
Your homemade bong is ready to use! To smoke it, fill the bowl with your herb or tobacco of choice. Cover the carb with your finger and light up the bowl with your lighter. Inhale through the mouthpiece of the bottle and watch it fill up with smoke. When you’re ready to take a hit, release your finger from the carb and inhale deeply. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make your homemade bong experience even better:
- You can use different types of bottles to make different types of bongs. For example, you can use a two-liter bottle to make a gravity bong or a watermelon to make a fruit bong.
- You can add ice cubes or flavored water to your bong water to make it more refreshing and tasty.
- You can decorate your bong with stickers, paint, or markers to make it more personalized and fun.
- You can clean your bong by rinsing it with hot water and soap or rubbing alcohol and salt.
This blog post was inspired by these sources:
- How to Make a Bong: 12 Steps (with Pictures) – wikiHow
- How to Make Homemade Bongs and Pipes | Leafly
- Follow These Simple Steps To Make A Homemade Bong | Redstorm
- 8 DIY Tips for How to Make a Homemade Pipe or Bong – Fat Buddha Glass
- How To Make A Homemade Bong That Is Perfect In Every Way – Fat Buddha Glass
Disclaimer: This blog post is for informational and educational purposes only. We do not condone or promote the use of illegal substances. Please smoke responsibly and follow the laws in your area.