Smoking from a glass bong can be a great way to enjoy your herb or tobacco, but it can also be harsh on your throat and lungs if you don’t do it right. Fortunately, there are some simple tips and tricks that can help you get better bong rips that are smooth, flavorful, and satisfying. Here are some of them:
Clean your bong regularly
One of the most important things you can do to improve your bong smoking experience is to keep your bong clean. A dirty bong will not only look gross, but it will also affect the taste and quality of your smoke. The tar and resin that build up in your bong will make your hits harsher, duller, and less enjoyable.
Cleaning a glass bong is easy and cheap. All you need is some isopropyl alcohol (70% or 90%) and some coarse salt. Here are the steps to follow:
- Pour out the water from your bong and remove any attachments.
- Pour some alcohol and salt into the bong and plug the holes with paper towels or rubber stoppers.
- Shake the bong vigorously for a minute or two to dislodge the gunk inside.
- Pour out the alcohol/salt mixture and rinse the bong thoroughly with warm water.
- Use a pipe cleaner or a brush to scrub any stubborn spots.
- Let the bong dry completely before using it again.
You should clean your bong at least once a week if you use it regularly, or more often if you notice it getting dirty. You can also soak your bong in alcohol overnight for a deeper clean.
Use a percolator
A percolator is a device that adds extra filtration and diffusion to your smoke by forcing it through multiple holes in water. This cools down the smoke and makes it smoother and less irritating. A percolator can also enhance the flavor of your smoke by removing some of the unwanted chemicals and impurities.
Some bongs come with built-in percolators, while others have attachments that you can add on. There are different types of percolators, such as tree, showerhead, honeycomb, turbine, etc., each with its own design and function. You can experiment with different percolators to find the one that suits your preference.
Another way to cool down your smoke and make it smoother is to use ice in your bong. Ice will lower the temperature of the water and the smoke, making it easier to inhale. Some people also claim that ice enhances the flavor of their herb or tobacco by making it more crisp and refreshing.
To use ice in your bong, carefully put some cubes in the water, removing the downstem first so that the ice doesn’t break it on the way down. Some bongs have “ice pinches,” where the glass of the chamber is pinched to allow ice cubes to rest. You can also use crushed ice or snow for a finer cooling effect.
Use different liquids
Water is the most common liquid used in bongs, but it’s not the only one. You can try different liquids to change up the flavor and sensation of your smoke. However, you should be careful about what you use, as some liquids may be harmful or damaging to your bong or your health.
Some of the liquids you can try are:
- Fruit juice: Fruit juice can add some sweetness and acidity to your smoke, as well as some vitamins and antioxidants. You can use any fruit juice you like, such as apple, orange, cranberry, etc., but make sure it’s 100% natural and not too sugary.
- Tea: Tea can add some aroma and flavor to your smoke, as well as some caffeine and other beneficial compounds. You can use any tea you like, such as green, black, herbal, etc., but make sure it’s brewed and cooled before pouring it into your bong.
- Wine: Wine can add some sophistication and complexity to your smoke, as well as some alcohol and antioxidants. You can use any wine you like, such as red, white, rosé, etc., but make sure it’s not too expensive or too strong.
Whatever liquid you use, make sure to clean your bong thoroughly after each session, as some liquids may leave residues or stains in your bong. You should also avoid using liquids that are carbonated, acidic, oily, or dairy-based, as they may damage your bong or cause health issues.
Use a recycler bong
A recycler bong is a type of bong that has two chambers and tubes that connect them. The smoke and water travel from one chamber to another in a continuous loop, creating a recycling effect. This allows the smoke to be filtered and cooled multiple times, resulting in smoother and more flavorful hits.
A recycler bong looks amazing when it is operating. You can see the water and smoke travel from one chamber to another via the tubes. A lot of people buy this type of bong in clear glass just to see it in action. Despite the setup, a recycler bong works just as fast as a typical bong. It then provides a smoother and more flavorful smoke.
Smoking from a glass bong can be a great way to enjoy your herb or tobacco, but it can also be harsh on your throat and lungs if you don’t do it right. Fortunately, there are some simple tips and tricks that can help you get better bong rips that are smooth, flavorful, and satisfying.
Some of the tips and tricks are:
- Clean your bong regularly
- Use a percolator
- Use ice
- Use different liquids
- Use a recycler bong
By following these tips and tricks, you can enhance your bong smoking experience and get the most out of your herb or tobacco. Happy smoking!