If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco from a glass bong, you probably know how unpleasant the smell can be after a few sessions. The bong water, the resin, the ashes and the bacteria can all contribute to a foul odor that can linger in your room and even affect the taste of your smoke. Fortunately, there are some simple ways to get rid of the smell of a glass bong and keep it fresh and clean.
Clean Your Bong Regularly
The best way to prevent your bong from smelling bad is to clean it regularly. Ideally, you should rinse your bong with hot water after every use and empty the bong water as soon as possible. This will prevent the buildup of resin and bacteria that can cause the smell. You should also deep-clean your bong at least once a week with a proper cleaning solution. There are different methods and products you can use to clean your bong, but here are some of the most common ones:
- Isopropyl alcohol and salt: This is a cheap and effective way to clean your bong. You just need to fill your bong with isopropyl alcohol (at least 70% strength) and add some coarse salt (such as kosher or sea salt). Then, cover the openings of your bong with plastic wrap or rubber bands and shake it vigorously for a few minutes. The alcohol will dissolve the resin and the salt will act as an abrasive to scrub away the dirt. Rinse your bong thoroughly with hot water and let it dry.
- Vinegar and baking soda: This is another natural and inexpensive way to clean your bong. You just need to fill your bong with white vinegar and add some baking soda (about a tablespoon per cup of vinegar). The vinegar will loosen the resin and the baking soda will create a fizzing reaction that will help remove the dirt. Let the mixture sit in your bong for about 15 minutes, then shake it gently and rinse it well with hot water.
- Commercial cleaning products: If you prefer to use a ready-made solution, there are many commercial cleaning products designed specifically for glass bongs. Some of the most popular ones are Formula 420, Grunge Off, Orange Chronic and Resolution Gel. These products usually contain alcohol or other solvents that can dissolve the resin and other ingredients that can deodorize and sanitize your bong. Follow the instructions on the label and rinse your bong thoroughly after using them.
No matter what method you use, make sure to clean all parts of your bong, including the bowl, the stem, the mouthpiece and any accessories. You can use pipe cleaners, cotton swabs or brushes to reach the hard-to-clean areas. You should also wear gloves and work in a well-ventilated area when cleaning your bong.
Use Odor Eliminating Products
Another way to get rid of the smell of a glass bong is to use odor eliminating products in your room. These products can help mask or neutralize the smell of smoke and keep your room smelling fresh. Some of the most common odor eliminating products are:
- Sprays: There are many sprays that can help eliminate smoke smell from your room. Some of them are Febreze, Ozium, Smoke Odor Exterminator and Cannabolish. These sprays usually contain fragrances or essential oils that can cover up or break down the smoke molecules. Spray them in your room after smoking or cleaning your bong.
- Candles: Candles can also help reduce smoke smell from your room. Some candles are specially made for this purpose, such as Smoke Odor Exterminator Candles, Cannabolish Candles or Kushley Candles. These candles usually contain natural ingredients that can absorb or neutralize smoke odors. Burn them in your room while smoking or after cleaning your bong.
- Incense: Incense can also help mask smoke smell from your room. Incense usually has a strong aroma that can overpower the smell of smoke. Some incense scents that work well for this purpose are sandalwood, lavender, patchouli or nag champa. Burn incense in your room while smoking or after cleaning your bong.
No matter what odor eliminating product you use, make sure to follow the directions on the label and use it safely. Avoid spraying or burning anything near your bong or any flammable materials. You should also open the windows and ventilate your room regularly to let fresh air in.
Smoking herb or tobacco from a glass bong can be a relaxing and enjoyable experience, but it can also leave a bad smell in your room and on your bong. To get rid of the smell of a glass bong, you should clean your bong regularly with a proper cleaning solution, and use odor eliminating products in your room. By following these tips, you can keep your bong and your room smelling fresh and clean.