If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco from a glass bong, you know how important it is to keep it clean and unclogged. A dirty bong can ruin your smoking experience by making the hits harsher, dulling the flavor, and exposing you to mold and bacteria. Not to mention, it looks unappealing and smells bad.
Fortunately, cleaning a glass bong is not hard, and you can do it with some simple household items. In this blog post, we will show you how to prevent your glass bong from getting clogged or dirty, and how to clean it when it does.
How to Prevent Your Glass Bong from Getting Clogged or Dirty
The best way to prevent your glass bong from getting clogged or dirty is to change the water after every smoke session. This will prevent the buildup of tar, resin, and other debris in the water and on the walls of the bong. It will also keep the water fresh and clear, which will improve the taste and quality of the smoke.
Another tip is to use a screen or a filter in the bowl of your bong. This will prevent ash and herb particles from falling into the water and clogging the stem or the downstem. You can buy screens or filters at any head shop or online store, or you can make your own with a piece of aluminum foil or a metal mesh.
Finally, you should avoid overpacking the bowl or pulling too hard on the mouthpiece. This can cause herb or tobacco to get stuck in the stem or the downstem, which will make it harder to draw smoke through the bong. You should also avoid using too much water in your bong, as this can cause splashing and spillage.
How to Clean Your Glass Bong
Even if you follow these tips, your glass bong will eventually get dirty and need a thorough cleaning. The good news is that you can clean your glass bong with some isopropyl alcohol and coarse salt, which are cheap and easy to find. Here are the steps to follow:
- Detach the smaller parts of your bong, such as the bowl, the slide, and the stem. Rinse them with hot water for 1-2 minutes to loosen any stubborn debris.
- Place the parts in a plastic bag or a container with isopropyl alcohol and salt. Shake them gently for 2-3 minutes, then let them soak for 4-5 hours. The alcohol will dissolve the tar and resin, and the salt will act as an abrasive to scrub them away.
- Pour out the water from your bong and fill it halfway with isopropyl alcohol and salt. Plug the holes with paper towels or rubber stoppers and shake it vigorously for 4-5 minutes over a sink. You can also use a bong brush or a sponge to scrub the inside of your bong.
- Pour out the alcohol/salt mixture and rinse your bong and its parts with warm water until no alcohol or salt remains. Let them air dry for about an hour or until they don’t smell like alcohol.
- Repeat if necessary until your bong is sparkling clean.
If you don’t have isopropyl alcohol or salt, you can also use white vinegar or lemon juice along with boiling water. These are natural alternatives that have similar effects as alcohol and salt. However, they may not be as effective for heavy-duty cleaning.
Cleaning your glass bong is essential for enjoying smooth and flavorful smoke sessions. By changing the water regularly, using screens or filters, and avoiding overpacking or pulling too hard, you can prevent your glass bong from getting clogged or dirty. When it does need a deep cleaning, you can use isopropyl alcohol and salt, white vinegar or lemon juice and boiling water, or a commercial bong cleaner to make it shine again.
We hope this blog post has been helpful for you. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Happy smoking!