A glass bong is a great way to enjoy your favorite herb or tobacco. It filters and cools the smoke, giving you smooth and satisfying hits. However, a glass bong is also a fragile and delicate piece of equipment that requires proper care and maintenance. If you want to keep your glass bong in good shape, you need to know how to store and transport it without breaking it.
In this blog post, we will give you some tips and tricks on how to safely store your glass bong at home or on the go. We will also recommend some products that can help you protect your glass bong from damage.
How to Safely Store Your Glass Bong at Home
Storing your glass bong at home is not as simple as leaving it on the table or the counter. There are many factors that can affect the quality and durability of your glass bong, such as light, air, temperature, humidity, and odor. Here are some guidelines on how to store your glass bong at home:
- Don’t store your glass bong out in the open. Exposure to light can degrade the cannabinoids and terpenes in your herb or tobacco, making it less potent and flavorful. Exposure to air can oxidize your glass bong, making it dirty and sticky. Exposure to dust and bacteria can contaminate your glass bong, making it unhealthy and unpleasant to use. Instead, store your glass bong in a dark, dry, and clean location, such as a closet, a drawer, or a cabinet.
- Don’t store your glass bong with herb or tobacco inside. Leaving burnt herb or tobacco in your bowl can cause residue to accumulate on your glass bong, making it harder to clean and less efficient to use. It can also make your herb or tobacco stale and lose its flavor and potency. Instead, empty the bowl after each use and store any leftover herb or tobacco in a small container.
- Clean your glass bong before stashing it away. Cleaning your glass bong regularly is essential for maintaining its performance and appearance. It also prevents mold, bacteria, and odors from developing in your glass bong. To clean your glass bong, you can use warm water, rubbing alcohol, salt, vinegar, or specialized cleaning products. Rinse and dry your glass bong thoroughly before storing it.
How to Safely Transport Your Glass Bong on the Go
Transporting your glass bong on the go can be tricky. You don’t want to risk breaking or losing your precious piece of equipment while traveling or moving around. You also don’t want to attract unwanted attention or smell from your glass bong. Here are some tips on how to transport your glass bong on the go:
- Use a storage bag or case for your glass bong. The best way to transport your glass bong is to use a storage bag or case that is designed for this purpose. These products are made of durable materials that can protect your glass bong from impact, shock, water, dust, and odor. They also have compartments and pockets for storing accessories such as bowls, stems, lighters, grinders, etc. Some examples of storage bags or cases for glass bongs are RYOT Pro-Duffle SmellSafe Bong Bag, Dime Bags 18 Inch Padded Pouch, RYOT SmellSafe HeadCase Carbon Series Storage Case, etc.
- Wrap your glass bong securely before putting it in a bag or case. Even if you use a storage bag or case for your glass bong, you should still wrap it securely before putting it in. This adds an extra layer of protection for your glass bong and prevents it from moving around inside the bag or case. You can use bubble wrap, towels, clothes, newspapers, or any soft material that can cushion your glass bong.
- Avoid extreme temperatures and humidity when transporting your glass bong. Extreme temperatures and humidity can damage your glass bong, especially if it is made of thin or cheap glass. Avoid leaving your glass bong in a hot car, a cold basement, or a damp bathroom. Keep your glass bong in a cool, dry, and stable environment when transporting it.
A glass bong is a valuable and enjoyable piece of equipment that deserves proper care and maintenance. By following these tips on how to store and transport your glass bong without breaking it, you can extend its lifespan and enhance its performance. You can also avoid the hassle and cost of replacing your glass bong.
Do you have any questions or suggestions on how to store and transport your glass bong? Let us know in the comments below!