Glass bongs are popular devices for smoking herb or tobacco, but they can also be enhanced, replaced, or protected by various accessories and attachments. These products can improve the functionality, appearance, or durability of your bong, as well as offer different ways to enjoy your smoke. In this blog post, we will explore some of the most common accessories and attachments for glass bongs and how they work.
Bong bowls are the chambers where you pack your herb or tobacco before lighting it up. They attach to the joint of your bong, usually with a rubber grommet or a glass-on-glass connection. Bong bowls come in different sizes, shapes, colors, and designs to suit your preferences and needs. Some bowls have handles or knobs for easy removal, while others have built-in screens or filters to prevent ash from entering the bong. Some bowls are also made of materials other than glass, such as metal, ceramic, or silicone.
When choosing a bong bowl, you need to consider the size and gender of your bong joint, as well as the capacity and style of the bowl. The most common joint sizes are 10mm, 14mm, and 18mm, and they can be either male or female. You need to match the joint size and gender of your bowl with your bong for a proper fit. The capacity of the bowl determines how much herb or tobacco you can pack in it, while the style of the bowl affects the airflow and the appearance of your bong.
Some examples of bong bowls are:
- Daily High Club 14mm Glass Bowl: A simple and elegant glass bowl with a handle and a built-in screen.
- Empire Glassworks Bowl – Boobies: A fun and quirky glass bowl shaped like a pair of breasts.
- 14mm Quartz Banger – Male – 4mm Thick: A quartz bowl that converts your bong into a dab rig for concentrates.
Bong downstems are the tubes that connect your bong bowl to the water chamber of your bong. They function to carry the smoke from the bowl into the water, where it is filtered and cooled before reaching your mouth. Downstems can have different lengths, diameters, and angles to fit different types of bongs. They can also have different types of percolators or diffusers at the end, which create more bubbles and increase the surface area of the smoke in contact with the water.
When choosing a bong downstem, you need to measure the length and diameter of your existing downstem, as well as the joint size and gender of your bowl and bong. You also need to decide what kind of percolator or diffuser you want for your downstem, depending on how smooth and cool you want your smoke to be. Some downstems have slits, holes, or grids at the end, while others have more complex percolators like showerheads or tree arms.
Some examples of bong downstems are:
- Slit-Cut Diffused Downstem – 18.8mm to 14.5mm: A standard glass downstem with slits at the end for diffusion.
- 14/18mm Lo Pro Diffused Downstem: A low-profile glass downstem with holes at the end for diffusion.
- Daily High Club Showerhead Downstem: A glass downstem with a showerhead percolator at the end for extra filtration.
Bong ashcatchers are attachments that fit onto the joint of your bong, between the bowl and the downstem. They function to catch the ash and debris from your herb or tobacco, as well as filter the smoke further before it enters the bong. Ashcatchers can help keep your bong cleaner and reduce the frequency of cleaning. They can also enhance the smoothness and flavor of your smoke by adding another layer of percolation.
When choosing a bong ashcatcher, you need to consider the size and gender of your bong joint, as well as the size and gender of your bowl. You also need to consider the weight and balance of the ashcatcher, as it can affect the stability of your bong. Some ashcatchers are simple and have a single chamber, while others have multiple chambers and percolators for more filtration.
Some examples of bong ashcatchers are:
- 14mm 90 Degree Showerhead Honeycomb Ash Catcher By Diamond Glass: A glass ashcatcher with a showerhead and a honeycomb percolator for double filtration.
- Pulsar Simple Drop Ash Catcher: A glass ashcatcher with a drop-shaped chamber and a diffused downstem.
- Daily High Club 14mm 45 Degree Ash Catcher: A glass ashcatcher with a 45 degree angle and a tree percolator for extra diffusion.
Bong adapters are pieces of glassware that fit into or onto your bong joint to enable compatibility between different sizes or genders of bowls, downstems, or other accessories. They can also change the angle or direction of your joint, which can affect the airflow and comfort of your smoking experience. Bong adapters are useful for expanding your options and customizing your bong setup.
When choosing a bong adapter, you need to know the size and gender of your bong joint, as well as the size and gender of the accessory you want to attach. You also need to decide what kind of angle or direction you want for your adapter, depending on how you want to position your bowl or accessory.
Some examples of bong adapters are:
- 14mm Female to 18mm Female Adapter: A glass adapter that allows you to use an 18mm female bowl on a 14mm female bong joint.
- 14mm Male to 14mm Female Adapter: A glass adapter that allows you to use a 14mm male bowl on a 14mm male bong joint.
- Daily High Club 90 Degree Bent Neck Adapter: A glass adapter that changes the angle of your bong joint by 90 degrees.
Glass bongs are versatile devices that can be enhanced by various accessories and attachments. These products can improve the functionality, appearance, or durability of your bong, as well as offer different ways to enjoy your smoke. Some of the most common accessories and attachments for glass bongs are bowls, downstems, ashcatchers, and adapters. These products come in different sizes, styles, and materials to suit your preferences and needs. By choosing the right accessories and attachments for your glass bong, you can customize your smoking experience and get the most out of your device.