If you are a fan of Jerry Garcia, the legendary guitarist and singer of the Grateful Dead, you might want to check out this cool and sustainable product: the Jerry Garcia Wolf Coaster. This coaster is produced by East Coasters, a company that makes eco-friendly doormats and coasters from recycled materials. In this article, we will tell you more about this product and why you should get one for yourself or as a gift for someone who loves Jerry Garcia.
What is the Jerry Garcia Wolf Coaster?
The Jerry Garcia Wolf Coaster is a round coaster that measures 5 inches in diameter. It features a colorful and detailed design of a wolf’s head, which is inspired by one of Jerry Garcia’s most famous guitars, nicknamed “Wolf”. The wolf design was originally created by luthier Doug Irwin, who made several custom guitars for Garcia. The Wolf guitar was first played by Garcia in 1973 and was used for many memorable performances, such as the Closing of Winterland in 1978 and the Egypt concerts in 1978.
The coaster is made of 100% recycled neoprene, which is a synthetic rubber material that is commonly used for wetsuits, laptop sleeves, mouse pads and more. Neoprene is durable, flexible, water-resistant and easy to clean. The coaster is produced by East Coasters, a company based in Virginia that specializes in making doormats and coasters from recycled materials. East Coasters works with local businesses and organizations to collect used neoprene products and turn them into new products that are both functional and artistic.
Why should you buy the Jerry Garcia Wolf Coaster?
There are many reasons why you should buy the Jerry Garcia Wolf Coaster, such as:
- It is a great way to show your appreciation for Jerry Garcia and his music. The coaster is officially licensed by the Jerry Garcia Family LLC and features one of his iconic guitar designs.
- It is a sustainable and eco-friendly product that helps reduce waste and carbon emissions. By buying this coaster, you are keeping approximately 2 ounces of CO2 from being released into the atmosphere, 1.6 ounces of rubber from sitting in a landfill and 1.6 ounces of crude oil from being consumed.
- It is a versatile and practical product that can be used for various purposes. You can use it as a coaster for your drinks, a dab mat for your concentrates, a trivet for your hot pots and pans or a mouse pad for your computer.
- It is a unique and colorful product that adds some flair to your home or office. The coaster has a vibrant and detailed design that stands out from other coasters. It also comes in different colors, such as blue, green, purple and red.
- It is an affordable and thoughtful gift for someone who loves Jerry Garcia or the Grateful Dead. The coaster costs only $10 and can be ordered online from various websites, such as Garcia Family Provisions, Merchbar or East Coasters. You can also find other Jerry Garcia products from these websites, such as doormats, t-shirts, hats, stickers and more.
The Jerry Garcia Wolf Coaster is a product that any Jerry Garcia fan would love to have. It is not only a tribute to his musical legacy but also a way to support environmental sustainability. The coaster is made of recycled neoprene by East Coasters, a company that makes eco-friendly doormats and coasters. The coaster has a beautiful design of a wolf’s head, which is based on one of Jerry Garcia’s famous guitars. The coaster can be used for various purposes, such as a coaster, a dab mat, a trivet or a mouse pad. The coaster is also a great gift idea for someone who loves Jerry Garcia or the Grateful Dead. You can buy the coaster online from different websites for only $10.
Source of the image: Garcia Family Provisions