A gravity bong is a simple but effective way of smoking herbs or tobacco using water and air pressure. It can deliver a powerful hit of smoke that may be too intense for beginners, but also very satisfying for experienced smokers. In this blog post, we will explain what a gravity bong is, how it works, and how to make one at home with some common household items.
How does a gravity bong work?
A gravity bong consists of two parts: a smaller container with a bowl on top, and a larger container filled with water. The smaller container can be a plastic bottle with the bottom cut off, and the bowl can be made from a metal socket, a bottle cap, or any other material that can hold the herb or tobacco. The larger container can be a bucket, a pot, a sink, or anything else that can hold enough water to submerge the smaller container.
The basic principle of a gravity bong is to use the water to create suction and draw smoke into the smaller container. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Fill the larger container with water and place the smaller container inside it, leaving some space at the top.
- Pack the bowl with your herb or tobacco of choice and screw it onto the smaller container.
- Light the bowl and slowly lift the smaller container out of the water, but not completely. This will create a vacuum that will pull the smoke into the smaller container.
- Once the smaller container is filled with smoke, unscrew the bowl and put your mouth over the opening.
- Push the smaller container back into the water while inhaling. This will force the smoke into your lungs with gravity’s help.
That’s it! You have just used a gravity bong to smoke your herb or tobacco. Be prepared for a strong and fast effect, as you are inhaling a large amount of smoke in one go.
How to make a gravity bong at home?
Making a gravity bong at home is very easy and cheap. All you need are some basic materials that you can find around your house or at your local store. Here are some examples of what you can use:
For the smaller container:
- A plastic bottle (any size will do, but 2 liters is ideal)
- A metal socket (preferably 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch)
- An aerator screen (to prevent ash from falling into the water)
- A bottle cap (to attach the socket to the bottle)
For the larger container:
- A bucket (big enough to fit the bottle)
- Water (enough to fill the bucket)
To make the gravity bong:
- Cut off the bottom of the plastic bottle with scissors or a knife.
- Make a hole in the center of the bottle cap with a nail or a drill.
- Place the aerator screen inside the socket and insert it into the hole in the bottle cap.
- Screw the bottle cap onto the bottle. You have just made your bowl.
- Fill the bucket with water and submerge the bottle in it, leaving some space at the top.
- Your gravity bong is ready to use!
What are some tips and tricks for using a gravity bong?
A gravity bong can be a fun and efficient way of smoking herbs or tobacco, but it can also be tricky and messy if you don’t know what you’re doing. Here are some tips and tricks to help you enjoy your gravity bong experience:
- Use fresh and clean water for your gravity bong. This will improve the taste and quality of your smoke.
- Don’t lift the bottle too fast or too high when lighting the bowl. This will prevent burning your herb or tobacco too quickly or wasting smoke.
- Don’t push the bottle too hard or too fast when inhaling. This will prevent coughing or choking on too much smoke.
- Clean your gravity bong after each use. This will prevent mold, bacteria, and bad smells from building up in your device.
A gravity bong is a simple but effective way of smoking herbs or tobacco using water and air pressure. It can deliver a powerful hit of smoke that may be too intense for beginners, but also very satisfying for experienced smokers. You can make a gravity bong at home with some common household items, and use it with some tips and tricks to enhance your smoking experience. Have fun and be safe!