A bong is a popular device for smoking herb or tobacco, but it can also get dirty and smelly over time. The residue from the smoke can build up inside the bong and make it hard to enjoy the flavor and aroma of your favorite herb or tobacco. That’s why it’s important to clean your bong regularly and keep it in good condition.
There are many ways to clean a bong, but one of the simplest and most effective methods is using baking soda. Baking soda is a natural and cheap ingredient that can help you remove the stains, odors, and bacteria from your bong. It also has a mild abrasive action that can scrub away the stubborn resin without damaging the glass.
In this blog post, we will show you how to clean a bong with baking soda in four easy steps. You will need the following items:
- A dirty bong
- Baking soda
- A large pot
- A sink or basin
- A towel
- Zipper storage bags
- Rubber stoppers or bong plugs
- A pipe cleaner or a brush
Step 1: Disassemble and Pre-Rinse Your Bong
The first step is to take apart your bong and remove any removable parts, such as the bowl and the downstem. Place these pieces in separate zipper storage bags and set them aside. Then, rinse your bong with warm water to get rid of any loose particles and debris. You can also add a squirt of dish soap to help loosen the resin.
Step 2: Add Baking Soda and Vinegar to Your Bong
The next step is to add baking soda and vinegar to your bong. These two ingredients will create a fizzy reaction that will help dissolve the resin and kill any germs. There are two ways to do this:
- Pour a mixture of water and baking soda into the mouthpiece of your bong and rinse it well. Let it sit for an hour and then rinse again.
- Pour half a cup of baking soda into the chamber and fill the bong with vinegar. It will bubble up and loosen the resin. Leave it for five minutes and then rinse with warm water.
Whichever method you choose, make sure to plug the holes of your bong with rubber stoppers or bong plugs before shaking it. You can also use your hands or fingers to cover the holes, but be careful not to spill the solution.
Step 3: Boil Your Bong in a Pot of Water
The third step is to boil your bong in a pot of water. This will help sanitize your bong and remove any remaining resin or stains. To do this:
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add one cup of baking soda into the neck of your bong and shake it around.
- Carefully lower your bong into the boiling water, making sure it is fully submerged.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Remove your bong from the pot and rinse it with cold water.
Be very careful when handling your bong during this step, as it will be very hot. Use tongs or gloves to avoid burning yourself.
Step 4: Clean the Bowl and Downstem
The final step is to clean the bowl and downstem of your bong. These are the parts that get the most dirty, so you need to pay extra attention to them. To clean them:
- Pour some rubbing alcohol into the zipper storage bags where you placed the bowl and downstem.
- Add some coarse salt, rice, or baking soda to act as abrasives.
- Seal the bags and shake them vigorously for several minutes.
- Take out the bowl and downstem and scrub them with a pipe cleaner or a brush.
- Rinse them with warm water and dry them with a towel.
Congratulations! You have successfully cleaned your bong with baking soda. Now you can enjoy smoking your herb or tobacco with a fresh and sparkling bong. Remember to change the water regularly and clean your bong at least once a month to keep it in optimal condition.