If you are looking for a smooth and enjoyable way to smoke your favorite herb or tobacco, you might want to consider buying a glass bong. Bongs are water pipes that filter and cool the smoke, providing you with cleaner, heavier and more intense hits. Bongs come in different sizes and designs, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. In this blog post, we will help you choose the right size and design of a glass bong for your needs and preferences.
Why size matters?
The size of a bong affects several factors, such as:
- Portability: Smaller bongs are easier to carry around and store, while larger bongs are more suitable for home use or social sessions.
- Smoothness: Larger bongs have more water and space for the smoke to cool down and filter, resulting in smoother hits. Smaller bongs may be harsher on the throat and lungs, but also more potent.
- Price: Larger bongs tend to be more expensive than smaller bongs, due to the amount of glass and craftsmanship involved. However, you can also find affordable and quality bongs in any size range.
What are the different sizes of bongs?
Bongs can be classified into three main categories based on their size: mini, medium and large. Here is a table that summarizes their features and recommendations:
|Portable, discreet, powerful hits
|Harsher, harder to clean, not as social
|Beginners, solo sessions, on-the-go tokes
|Optimal size, smooth hits, good for solo or social sessions
|Less portable, not as discreet
|Intermediate tokers, regular use, home or outdoor smoking
|Over 16 inches
|Smoother hits, more water filtration, impressive design
|More expensive, harder to clean, not as portable
|Advanced cannaseurs, special occasions, collection pieces
How to choose the right design of a glass bong?
Besides the size, there are other aspects of the design of a glass bong that you should consider, such as:
- The shape: There are different shapes of bongs, such as straight tube, beaker, round base, hourglass, etc. The shape affects the stability, the volume and the drag of the bong. Generally speaking, wider bases are more stable, larger volumes allow for bigger hits and less drag means easier inhalation.
- The percolator: A percolator is a device that creates bubbles inside the bong to increase the surface area of the smoke and enhance the filtration and cooling process. There are different types of percolators, such as showerhead, honeycomb, tree, matrix, etc. The percolator affects the smoothness, the flavor and the noise of the bong. Generally speaking, more percolators mean smoother hits but also more drag and less flavor.
- The joint size: The joint is the part where you attach the bowl or the nail to the bong. The joint size affects the compatibility and the airflow of the bong. Glass bongs come in 10mm, 14mm or 18mm joint sizes. Generally speaking, larger joints allow for more airflow but also require more herb or tobacco.
- The accessories: There are different accessories that you can add to your bong to customize it and enhance your smoking experience. Some examples are ice catchers, splash guards, ash catchers, diffusers, etc. The accessories affect the functionality and the aesthetics of the bong. Generally speaking, more accessories mean more features but also more maintenance.
Where to buy a glass bong?
If you are ready to buy a glass bong, you can find a wide selection of quality and affordable bongs online at Cannabox, Badass Glass or Smoke Cartel. You can also check out Fat Buddha Glass for a bong size guide and more tips on choosing your next bong.
Choosing the right size and design of a glass bong for your needs and preferences is not as hard as it may seem. You just need to consider the factors that matter to you, such as portability, smoothness, price, shape, percolator, joint size and accessories. You can also browse online for different options and reviews to find the perfect bong for you. Remember to always use your bong responsibly and enjoy your smoking sessions!