If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco from a bong, you know how important it is to keep it clean and fresh. A dirty bong can ruin the taste of your smoke, harbor mold and bacteria, and damage your health. Fortunately, cleaning a bong is not a difficult task, and you can do it with some simple household items. In this blog post, we will show you a proven method to clean your bong and make it look and smell like new.
What You Need
To clean your bong, you will need the following items:
- A sink or basin
- Warm water
- Coarse salt, such as table salt, Epsom salt, rock salt, or Himalayan salt
- Isopropyl alcohol, preferably 91% or 99%
- A small brush or a pipe cleaner
- A towel or paper towels
- Latex gloves (optional)
What You Do
Follow these steps to clean your bong:
- Empty the bong and rinse it with warm water. Pour out the old bong water and remove any spent herb or tobacco from the bowl. Then give it a good rinse with warm water to remove any remaining solid particles. You can also use a small brush or a pipe cleaner to scrub away any stubborn resin.
- Disassemble your bong. Take apart your bong so that you can clean each piece separately. Remove the bowl, the stem, the mouthpiece, and any other removable parts. Check for any damage, such as chips or cracks, and replace any broken pieces before using your bong again.
- Add coarse salt and isopropyl alcohol to your bong. Next, you need to add an abrasive and a cleaner to the base of the bong so that they can work together to clean the inside. Coarse salt and isopropyl alcohol work best for this, but you can also use vinegar and rice or baking soda. The stronger the alcohol, the better. Add enough salt to cover the bottom of the bong, and enough alcohol to fill it halfway.
- Plug the holes and shake it up. Use your hands, fingers, or thumbs to plug or block the open holes of the bong so that your cleaning solution doesn’t spill out. You can also use cotton balls or hand towels for this purpose. Shake the bong vigorously for about five minutes, making sure that the salt and alcohol reach every corner of the bong.
- Rinse and repeat. Empty the cleaning solution into the sink and rinse the bong thoroughly with clean water. Repeat the cleaning process as many times as you need to until the bong is sparkling clean. You can also use a small brush or a pipe cleaner to scrub any hard-to-reach areas.
- Clean the other parts of the bong. Use the same method to clean the bowl, the stem, the mouthpiece, and any other removable parts of the bong. You can also soak them in a ziplock bag filled with salt and alcohol for a few minutes before shaking them up and rinsing them.
- Dry your bong. Use a towel or paper towels to dry your bong and its parts completely. Make sure there is no moisture left inside the bong, as this can promote mold growth. Store your bong in a cool and dry place until you are ready to use it again.
Tips and Warnings
- Change the water in your bong after every smoke session to avoid inhaling mold and bacteria.
- Clean your bong at least once a week to ensure you get the best tasting smoke.
- Be careful when handling glass pieces, as they can break easily.
- Wear latex gloves if you don’t want to get your hands dirty or smelly.
- Don’t use bleach or ammonia to clean your bong, as they can leave harmful residues.
- Don’t use boiling water to clean your bong, as it can crack the glass.
Word count: 820