If you are new to smoking herb or tobacco with a bong, you might be wondering how to do it properly. A bong is a device that uses water to cool and filter the smoke, producing a smooth and clean-tasting experience. However, hitting a bong can also be tricky if you don’t know the right technique. In this blog post, we will show you how to hit a bong like a pro, with some tips and tricks to make it easier and more enjoyable.
What You Need
Before you start, make sure you have everything you need to hit a bong. Here is a list of the essentials:
- Your favorite strain of herb or tobacco. The best way to grind it is with a herb grinder, as it will give you the most uniform grind.
- A bong. Be sure your bong has a downstem and bowl. You can choose from different types of bongs, such as glass, ceramic, plastic, or metal. Some bongs also have additional features, such as percolators, ice catches, or diffusers, to enhance the filtration and cooling of the smoke.
- A lighter or hemp wick. You will need something to light the herb or tobacco in the bowl. A lighter is the most common option, but some people prefer to use a hemp wick, which is a natural alternative that produces less butane and ash.
- Water. You will need to fill the bong with water to create the water chamber. The water should be clean and fresh, and you should change it frequently to avoid buildup of residue and bacteria.
How to Hit a Bong
Now that you have everything ready, it’s time to learn how to hit a bong like a pro. Follow these steps to get the most out of your bong session:
- Fill the bong with water. Make sure a decent portion of the downstem is submerged in water. You don’t need more than that, as too much water can make it harder to inhale and splash into your mouth.
- Pack the bowl. Use your grinder to break up your herb or tobacco into small pieces. Then, gently pack them into the bowl, but don’t overpack it, as a super-stuffed bowl will make it hard to inhale smoothly. You can also use a screen or filter to prevent any bits from falling into the water chamber.
- Light the bowl while you inhale. This is the part that may take some practice. We recommend “cornering” the bowl by lighting just a small portion of the herb or tobacco (the corner of the bowl) at once, so you don’t accidentally take too massive a rip. Breathe in while lighting and watch the smoke fill up in the chamber.
- Pull out the stem and let it rip! Once you pull out the stem, you’ll have optimal airflow throughout your bong, making it easy to inhale all the smoke you’ve pulled up to the chamber. The slower and more gently you inhale when the stem’s inside, the less smoke you’ll collect in the chamber.
- Don’t be afraid to cough. Even the experts still cough after sucking down a bong rip. If you feel the need, let out a big cough after you’ve inhaled