If you are looking for a simple and fun way to enjoy your herb or tobacco, you might want to try making an apple bong. An apple bong is a homemade pipe that uses an apple as the main material. Apples are easy to find, cheap, and biodegradable, making them ideal for a DIY project. Plus, they add a fruity flavor to your smoke, which can enhance your experience.
There are different ways to make an apple bong, but the basic principle is the same: you need to create a bowl, a mouthpiece, and a carb hole on the apple, and connect them with tunnels that allow the smoke to travel from the bowl to your mouth. You can use a pen, a knife, a spoon, or any other sharp object to poke holes on the apple. Here are two methods you can follow to make your own apple bong.
Method 1: Making an Apple Bong Using a Pen
This method is quick and easy, and only requires an apple and a pen. You can use any type of apple, but make sure it is fresh and firm. A soft apple might collapse or leak while you are using it. You also need a pen that has a tip you can unscrew and remove the ink well from. This way, you can use the hollow pen as a tool to poke holes on the apple.
- Remove the stem from the apple. You can use your fingers to twist or pull it off, or cut a slit around it with a knife. Make sure you get the entire stem out, as it will interfere with the airflow later.
- Place the pointed tip of the pen over the hole where the stem used to be, and push it into the apple at a slight angle. You want to make a hole that extends about halfway through the apple. This hole will serve as the bowl, where you will place your herb or tobacco later.
- Take out the pen and discard the apple piece that got stuck inside it. Then unscrew the tip of the pen and remove the ink well. Screw the tip back on, and use the pen to poke another hole near the bottom of the apple, about half an inch from the base. This hole should meet up with the first hole you made, creating a tunnel inside the apple. This hole will serve as the mouthpiece, where you will inhale the smoke from.
- Poke a third hole on the side of the apple, about an inch or more from the top hole. This hole should also connect with the tunnel system inside the apple. This hole will serve as the carb, which allows you to control the airflow and clear the smoke from the apple. You should be able to cover this hole with your finger while you are lighting up.
- Carve out a hollow shape on the top of the apple where the first hole was made, using the pen or another object. This will create more space for your herb or tobacco, and also prevent it from falling into the tunnel. You can also use a small piece of aluminum foil to cover the hole and poke some holes on it with a needle. This will act as a screen that keeps your herb or tobacco in place.
- Your apple bong is ready to use! Pack some herb or tobacco on the bowl, cover the carb hole with your finger, place your mouth over the mouthpiece, and light up. When you are ready to inhale, release your finger from the carb hole and enjoy!
Method 2: Making a Hollowed-Out Apple Bong
This method is slightly more complicated, but it allows you to create a larger bowl and a smoother smoke. You will need an apple, a knife, a spoon, and a hollow pen for this method.
- About an inch from the top of the apple, cut off the top using a sharp knife. Slide off
the top and remove
the stem. Do not cut too close to
the stem because you will need
the top as
a bowl later.
to scoop out
the flesh of
a quarter-inch of
the wall intact.
Be careful not
the bottom or
the sides of
You should end up with
a hollowed-out apple shell.
a hollow pen
a hole on
the side of
This will be
- Poke another hole on
the opposite side of
an inch or more from
This will be
your carb hole.
the apple top back on
the stem hole with
the carb hole.
a pen or another object
to carve out
a hollow shape on
the apple top,
creating more space for
your herb or tobacco.
- Your hollowed-out apple bong is ready to use! Pack some herb or tobacco on the apple top, cover the carb hole with your finger, place your mouth over the mouthpiece, and light up. When you are ready to inhale, release your finger from the carb hole and enjoy!
Making an apple bong is a fun and easy way to enjoy your herb or tobacco. You can use any type of apple you like, and customize your bong according to your preferences. Just remember to use fresh and firm apples, and to dispose of them properly after use. Apples are biodegradable, so you can compost them or feed them to animals. Do not eat them, as they might contain ash and resin from your smoke. Have fun and be safe!